Making Felt ???

Can one make crochet and knitted felt in the new front load washers???

always wanted to try them ; but I have a set of those new washer and dyers.

help thanks. hugs

Your items could turn out too small in the front loader washer because you can't stop the machine in mid-cycle to check the felting process.

You'd be better off just felting in the kitchen sink with hot water, a bit of detergent, and agitate the items around by hand. The movement and hot water do the shrinking. It doesn't really take a machine. Machines are convenient but not necessary.

I've felted in a front loader, but as said there isn't much control. I've only done bags and such. I had one hat that either needed to shrink/felt more or be thrown out..I put it through a couple of times :lol

My new washing machine is a top load high efficiancy...it "rolls" the clothes. So, not very good for felting. I tried the 5 gallon bucket, plunger method....be prepared...it takes a ton of muscle....I had read on Ravelry about a wonder washer...so I bought one, it works great for felting!

My new washing machine is a top load high efficiancy...it "rolls" the clothes. So, not very good for felting. I tried the 5 gallon bucket, plunger method....be prepared...it takes a ton of muscle....I had read on Ravelry about a wonder washer...so I bought one, it works great for felting!

I LOVE my Wonder Washer. :manyheart It works great for felting.

Archived