UPDATED POST 1: PLEASE READ: Compasionate Care Animal Hospital Locally here In upstate NY:

moomooo

UPDATE NOTE: Please note that to every one that donates yarn for my charity i will be making and gifting a crochet hook of your favorite brand hook and favorite hook size the hooks will be decorated with polymer clay like the ones i've given out in the giveaway section...

Its my gift to those that donate yarn to me .

So ladies please look into your baskets ,tubs,closets where ever you store yarns ....

NO WOOL PLEASE OR WOOL BLENDS: I'm allergic to it..

Thank you to the ladies that have sent and know i'm working on your gifts.

Also ladies note that sometimes its cheaper to use the FLAT RATE PRIORITY BOXES it can be cheaper than parcel post some times..

hugs:hug

Lillibet

Hello my crocheting friends:

I wanted to get a post here and let you all know that this year I'm back into the swing of things and back to crocheting pet mats and pet toys to donate to my local animal hospital where its a No Kill animal hospital...

Dr. Mandrachia is my Foxies Doctor and well that is where i adopted Foxie at age 7 months and she is now 4 years old.

I crochet and donate to Compassionate Care Pet mats and also toys for the furbabies she takes in and cares for them til she finds good homes for them.

Best thing is she just dont release a furbaby to any one that wants one not unless she knows them and gets great reference ...

She always gives me cut rates on Foxies medical bills so I love to donate to her hospital...

So I come to you all please if you have scrap yarns or yarns you know you will never use and you want to donate it to the cause send me a pm for my address.

If any one here would like to make a pet mat and donate it pm me for address and you can add a note with your name and state so the recipients parents know that there are people out there that love fur babies and care too...

Thank you for reading this post and i hope to hear from some of you...

I will be posting photos soon of the pet mats I am making they are in the shape of a Pet Paw....

hugs

and God bless you for caring

Lillibet

Well sweetie :

Right now I'm making pet paws design mats which are great for either cats or dogs..

I cant crochet the kitty beds any more due to the fact that they got to be with 3 strands and my hands cant do it any more even after surgery..

So what i do is crochet them pet paw mats with 2 strands of yarns... then for the last round the trim i use fancy fur or any kind of fuzzy yarns..

Also any solid granny square ( the one with all double crochets also can be done with the 2 strands of yarns and i usually make from 12 rounds for kitties and small figured cats and from 15 to 20 rounds on a solid granny square for a nice size mat for small to med dogs...

They can also be done in the rounds...

I will post photos here to give all ideas of past donations i have made for Compassionate Care Animal Hospital..

Check them out.....

hugs

Lillibet

QUOTE=katyallen8090;2446619]aw, what about sizes, what can they use, or what do they prefer?

post-6956-135897752375_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897752379_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897752382_thumb.jpg

I can do that! I have a couple plastic canvas things to finish, but then I will get started, Hopefully, on some pet mats. Thanks! I used to make these for my local no kill center, but moved further out from it, so it is quite a drive now, but I should get back into doing that at least several times a year....Thanks for reminding me Lillibet!

PS love the doggie bone!

Awe Sweetie:

It really is a rewarding feeling doing something for our fur babies... they give love unconditionally so why not pamper them with Love...

I'm glad that i was able to remind you of the fun of making the pet mats ..

Please do show and tell when you make some..

hugs

Lillibet

I will definitely make something and send it to you. Might take me a little time to get it done but will definitely keep you posted.

I have had all stray/shelter animals so I would be very happy to try to help.

Is there any special pattern to use?

Moomooo: love the mats you made !!!!! Is there a special pattern?

Ohhhh my Lord:

Katy are you for real???? Her name is Lilibet like me???

I never meet a human or pet named after me... How cute is that I feel honored.... /she is soo cute.. what breed is she. Is she smaller than Ginger???

Let me know PLease and by the way its my honor to make you a hook too..

hugs

Lillibet

aw, that is so sweet of you, but not necessary, however, I won't turn down a pretty hook you make in exchange for a few skeins of yarn! lol Thanks Lillibet! Here is a pic of the Lillibet I know, she is a neighbor to us!

[ATTACH]54609[/ATTACH]

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Barbara:

I just sent you a PM

hugs

Lillibet

I'll send you some yarn..................where to.

Barbara

Hi Moo moo, and yes, her name is lillibet, she belongs to a friend and neighbor and I had the good fortune to doggie sit her for a few weeks while said neighbor ws hospitalized, and both are doing well by now, I see her almost every day!!

As for the size, she is a mini rat terrier, and boy does this girl have energy! Ginger is bigger, she is a 2 thirds collie, and a little chow, lol how ever they work those things out!

I have been doing more cleaning up and sorting out, and may find some more yarn for you in the near future! Hope you are getting lots for a very worthy cause, and thanks for all you do!

• 1 month later...

Archived