whats your favorite novelty yarn

dragonlord

Right now I am enjoying Red Heart Sashay. I like good yarns with interesting textures which I find in yarn shops. They tend to be knid of expensive so I will just buy a couple of skeins for a scarf.

Really, most of them are awful. They are not meant for the body of your work. They were originally made to be carry along yarns, to be used with another strand of yarn, but a lot of people don't do that, then can't figure out why their item is flimsy and icky. Actually, they work best for edgings.

many patterns have been made specifically for use with novelty yarns. They are not always the easiest because of the nature of the yarn. Such as with homespun, some people hate it, some love it and some just use it in spite of the love/hate relationship. I've tried some patterns with some of the fun fur yarns and have not been successful even though others have made the same patterns without a problem.

• 1 month later...

I did an impulse buy in Bernat Boa, and hated it because I couldn't work with it. Then I used it as a.carry along using some yarn that became too stained for me to use alone. Now I'm so happy with the way it feels against my skin that I'm making a sweater dress with it.

Archived