Tunisian Star Stitch

ReniC

I posted in Seeking Patterns but did not get a reply, maybe here is better???

I am searching for a tutorial on the Tunisian Star Stitch. Is anyone familiar with it? I would love to learn this stitch.

Last week I was hopping around the Internet looking for a Tunisian pattern to pique my interest and kept seeing Star Stitch listed under Tunisian on several sites. Here is one of many I spotted (please look under the shawl and pillow photos):

STITCH REF.

Thanks for your interest to help. :)

Gosh, I consider myself pretty well versed in Tunisian, but have not heard of such a stitch. Do you have a photo or a reference? Could just be another stitch pattern by another name.

OK - the photos you were looking at actually appear to be Tunisian simple stitch done on a double-ended hook. I see that it lists star stitch as a name for Tunisian, but I would question the accuracy of that statement. Typically, star stitch is a name given to a regular crochet stitch that also goes by the name of Marguerite stitch.

• 1 year later...

The link you supplied shows a very nice tute. However, that's not the stitch I was seeking the pattern for. I was specifically looking for it in Tunisian crochet. I do appreciate your input though. Thank you for trying to help.

Hi I found this link I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for but I thought I would share it.

www.wikihow.com/Crochet-star-stitch-(Daisy-Stitch)

Reni, I'll try and remember (I'm easily distracted) to pull out my Tunisian stitch books tomorrow and see if I can find it, but it's hard to see the stitch definition in the pictures you're referring to.

Thank you Julie.

I've looked in  my ref. books and cannot can't find anything. I talked to a friend of mine that used to do a lot of Tunisian crochet. She remembered doing this stitch as a teen. She's now 85 and no longer does Tunisian due to arthritis and doesn't remember the stitch pattern. :(

Reni, I'll try and remember (I'm easily distracted) to pull out my Tunisian stitch books tomorrow and see if I can find it, but it's hard to see the stitch definition in the pictures you're referring to.

Archived