Felting?

I bought some purse handles yesterday at a Facebook Garage sale.. it's where you join the page for my area.. and ppl sell stuff and then on saturdays we all meet at a park (baout 30 cars) a all us ladies get together. yap and sell.. and bring ohther stuff to sell.. that we didnt list on the page.

well one lady listed some pursehandles. and I told her i wanted to see them.

and So I did and bought up a bunch (she still has a LOAD if anyone wants to see pics of what I bought.. I can FWD u her email and she is still selling them).

But how do u felt? and what kind of yarn felts best?

I want to make some purse's.. and when I was searching some purse patterns I came acrosss a few Felted ones and I'm started to like the felted look. and think it would be great for a purse design I have in mind I want to write.... but I've never felted before (other then using pre made felt LOL). and was just curroius.. as Im in Dire need of a updated purse.. I been using my Bootie bag. (pants purses i make). and just need a change of style...

THANKS GIRLS>. if anyone wants to see the handles I bought lemme know and I will snap pics.. she has a HUGE box full.. and I will ask her how much per handle as they are packed in the sealed bags 1 handle per bag

ohhh nuts. wool makes me itch!!! could I use alpaca i wounder? hmmm Mabey I can try wool again mabey it was just that particular brand Like the dye that made me itch. beacuse i been to a farm that sheerd their sheep when i was in girl scouts as a kid. and we all got to have a lil ball of wool. and made wool shttp (lil balls with sicks for legs n pompom for head LOL

I am allergic to wool -- mild allergy, I just get bright red and then small red spots & itching with constant contact. But, I do not seem to be allergic to alpaca and yes, you can felt alpaca. Here is a link to look at: http://www.owning-alpaca.com/alpaca-fiber.html

Wool blends and the treated wools do not felt well either. I had thought about trying them as I can have contact enough to crochet with some of the treated wools & blends. But from everything I read, they do not make good felting candidates.

Archived