What a GREAT idea !!!

I just saw this story on MSN and thought I would check it out. There are 4 new sites where you can trade books:

I looked at the Swap.com and typed in crochet and there are tons of books that people want to get rid of. you can also register for a book you are looking for and they will let you know if/when someone posts it.

THIS IS NOT PATTERN SHARING!! You are physically giving away books you don't want anymore. You can trade books for the same "genre" OR for something else. So, if you don't want to cross stitch any more(I have tons of those) you can swap for something you do want to do or for something else.

I've made extensive use of paperbackswap.com. I can't speak for the other ones as I haven't seen them but I like the was PBS works. You put up the books you have to swap. You pick out the books that you want. When someone wants a book you have you'll get an email and then you print out the postage label and mail it out. When you find a book you like the person that is sending it pays for the postage to you.

It works on a credit system. If you haven't sent out any books you can also purchase credits for $3. It worked out great for me. I was able to complete a 6 book series and only spent about $6 on credits and whatever it was for mailing out books.

This is great! I've been selling books on half.com for years, but some books just do not move. This is a great way to move books out and get things I really want/need in return! Thanks for sharing this information!

Archived