dc2tog in ch-1 sp

Ducky GB

Question

Ok, so I'm getting back into crochet after a few years hiatus and I'm a little rusty.

I'm working a shawl (who's pattern is no longer online, so no link is available) and was going along swimmingly until I ran into this repeat (ch3, sk ch-3 sp, in ch-1 sp work [dc2tog, ch2, dc2tog, ch2, dc2tog] ch 3, sk ch-3 sp, sc in next ch-1 sp).

I know what it all means, but the dc2tog has me scratching my head. I thought a dc2tog was stitching 2 dc's together, but this is done in a space left by a chain one. So I'm not stitching anything together. Aside from perhaps my eyebrows, because I'm confuzzled! lol. All the videos online show them stitching 2 dc together, so its not help. Could anyone explain?

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

5 answers to this question

It sounds like a shell stitch of sorts to me, where you'd do 2dc, ch2, 2dc, ch2, 2dc all in that one ch-1 space.

I just finished a dishcloth angel that had the same but only 2dc, ch2, 2dc in the one space. so yours would be 3 clusters of 2 dc's and a bit wider looking "fan" or shell.

Hope that helps :)

Laurel

Thanks Laurel! Thats kind of what I was thinking, but the "together" part threw me off. Shouldn't the dc's be connected? In other words, instead of pulling through those last two loops of the first dc, start the next dc, pull through the first two, then pull through 4? Doing 2 separate dc's doesn't look right.

Thanks Laurel! Thats kind of what I was thinking, but the "together" part threw me off. Shouldn't the dc's be connected? In other words, instead of pulling through those last two loops of the first dc, start the next dc, pull through the first two, then pull through 4? Doing 2 separate dc's doesn't look right.

You're right, here it is on Nexstitch http://nexstitch.com/v_double_crochet_dec.html

Anytime I've seen 2dctog that is what was meant.

Archived