Any recomendations for Addi Swing Hooks??

katyallen815

hi all, I thought I would ask here first. I Was looking to get a set of the Addi Swing hooks, I know they are a bit expensive, and

wanted to get some opinions first. Have any of you tried them, love them, hate them, use them exclusively, in other words, what do you know and can tell me about them, BEfore i get them! Thanks for any and all info, they look great, but the neck is not too long from the pics, I dunno, any help appreciated, thanks again!

:ty:ty:ty

Here is a thread I started on the subject: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=129379&highlight=addi

I would suggest trying one first, before buying a whole set. They are very individualized -- some love them, others not so much. :)

Here's a poll that was put up on the subject of these type hooks too: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=293

Oh you are a doll, thank you. Just read that thread, and it doesn't seem too popular, but where would one find a place in order to try one out, before one buys it?? I was on the Hershner's web site, and I don't think Ive seen them anywhere in person.. ANybody know?? thanks Debrakay, for pointing me in the right direction! Should I then just stick with my clover soft touch?? those rated pretty high on your poll!! I love um, but was just browsing, thought these addi ones, looked comfy??

If there is an LYS within driving distance, you could give them a call to see if they stock the Addis and maybe you could take one out of the package and test drive it.

I have an Addi plastic hook in one of the larger sizes, and I like it, though I almost never use that large a hook. I also have 2 addi steel hooks and they are great, just as good as my cherished vintage Boye 10 cent hook ;) So overall I think Addi makes good hooks. But my friend has one of the Swing hooks and it just doesn't feel comfortable to me at all. i use pencil hold and i do not like any kind of handle, they always seem to force me to hold the hook in a different place than i normally would.

Archived