Daisy Square

lisawilder39

If you all wouldn't mind, click to check out the blog and help keep the patterns free! :)

http://idesignadventures.blogspot.com/2011/10/daisy-square-blanket.html

Daisy Square Pattern

Materials:

* H Hook

*Red Heart Yarn in Grey Heather, Bright Yellow and Soft White

*Yarn needle

I would recommend (for the sake of time) making up all (or a lot) of flowers at one time, then adding the gray to create the square. It saves time from switching between 3 yarns. When I created this blanket, I went in batches. I made 10 centers from the yellow, then switched to white and created petals for the 10 centers. Then switched to grey and made the square for the 10 flowers. Make sense? Good. :)

Daisy Instructions: Make 1 per square.

*Begin with Bright Yellow

Magic circle (or ch 4 and join with sl st)

12 sc in center. Tie off.

*Switch to Soft White

Attach yarn in any sc. *Ch 3. Inset hook in same stitch, YO and pull up 1 loop to the same height as the ch 3. YO and insert hook again. YO and pull up another loop to same height. YO and insert hook again. YO and pull up another loop to same height. YO and insert hook into next sc. Pull up 1 loop to same height. YO and insert hook again. YO and pull up another loop to same height. YO and insert hook again. YO and pull up another loop to same height. YO and pull through all loops. Chain 3 to secure. Sl st in next sc.* Repeat *-* around for total of 6 petals. For last stitch, sl st in the first DC you worked. Tie off and hide ends.

IMG_1992.JPG

IMG_1993.JPG

*Switch to Grey Heather. (Now you are creating the outer part of the square)

Attach yarn on right side of any petal. { } means those instructions are done in one stitch or space.

{ch 3, dc in same st}, {tc, ch 2, tc, dc in same stitch}, tc between petals, {2 dc}, {2dc}, {tc, ch 2, tc}, {2dc}, {2dc}, {2 dc, tc, ch 2, tc, dc}, {2 dc}, {2 dc}, {dc, tc, ch 2, tc}, {2 dc}, Join with sl st to first ch 3.

ch 3. 4 dc. {2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc} in corner space. 8 dc. Repeat { } 8 dc. Repeat { } 8 dc. Repeat { } 4 dc. Join with sl st to first dc.

ch 3. 6 dc. {2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc} in corner space. 12 dc. Repeat { } 12 dc. Repeat { } 12 dc. Repeat { } 6 dc. Join with sl st to first dc.

Square created!

IMG_1994.JPG

IMG_1995.JPG

There are plenty of ways to stitch this blanket together. I went with something very simple, with the idea of making the daisy stand out in each square. Holding the wrong sides together, I stitched the squares together using single crochet stitches. This gives the slight ridge you see between each square. I am still adding to the blanket, but I plan on adding a simple border as well, though I am debating whether to add a grey border or a white border.

Just to give you some ideas, you could sc or dc around the square in yellow, then join those with the sc ridges, but using white. That would brighten the blanket up a bit more. You could also just use white or yellow to stitch the squares together any way you normally would. There are plenty of ways to put this together. You can definitely use different colors altogether and just get creative with it!

• 6 months later...

Archived