Nylon net crochet pot scrubber pattern

noel

I like easy patterns and wanted to share this link:

http://noelwright.blogspot.com/2011/08/pattern-for-crochet-pot-scrubber.html

I love that I don't have to remember which row or round I'm on. Just which strip I'm using. So many times I can't remember which part of the pattern I'm on and once I crochet it and get lost, I don't want to rip it out. I just lay the strips out in sections and go from there. I especially like to do multi colored ones!

I've made so many of these. Gave them away, sold a few, shared this pattern with everyone I know! lol

Happy crocheting!

I had made a few net pot scrubbers and even showed a few ladies how to make them. I had some that came in rolls like you might see in the bridal dept of your craft store. These rolls usually come in 7"-8" widths. I cut the roll into 4 strips that were approix. 2" wide. I used a big hook, I think I used an L hook but you could probably use a K. First I did a magic ring (I guess you could make 4-5 chains and join into a circle). Then I did 2 hdc's in each st. around. I did the same on the 2nd round and then finished it off. I made 2 of these circles and then stitched them together. I also have a pattern that is a little similar to yours. But however you make these, they do make nice pot scrubbers and can also be used to scrub your veggies. Thanks for you version. I may try this also.

Really nice looking scrubbies!! I have to chuckle, because one Christmas I was going to make a "ton" of these scrubbies and give them out to family and friends.......well after making a few of them.....my hands HURT!! So obviously, I did not make a "ton" and give out as gifts!!:lol:lol There is a website where this lady makes these scrubbies.....she crochets two circles and crochets them together. But what I like about her scrubbies, is that when she starts a new strip, she ties both ends together.....when she crochets both circles together, she "tucks" the tails in and that makes them "poofy".(gosh i hope that makes sense to you??) I really like that idea and they look really nice!!

thanks so much for this link as I was wondering what the best pattern was to use and I did not know the difference between netting and the tulle so good to learn the difference of the two.

The first one I ever made, I made two scrubbers and single crocheted the edges together and knotted the ends together each time and had all those end pieces stuffed inside. I never used it but gave it away. But I've always wondered if after awhile the loose ends won't come out of the holes. It seems like such a mess to deal with. I like the pattern I posted because there isn't really a pattern to go by. Nothing to have to remember which row you're on. And it's double sided when you're done. so extra thick. I also like how I don't have to knot my ends together. And no worries about them coming undone. I've tried a lot of different patterns and like mine the best! lol If you cut the strips and then store in ziploc baggies, they're ready to go. I don't have any problem dealing with it, nor being a mess.

The first one I ever made, I made two scrubbers and single crocheted the edges together and knotted the ends together each time and had all those end pieces stuffed inside. I never used it but gave it away. But I've always wondered if after awhile the loose ends won't come out of the holes. It seems like such a mess to deal with. I like the pattern I posted because there isn't really a pattern to go by. Nothing to have to remember which row you're on. And it's double sided when you're done. so extra thick. I also like how I don't have to knot my ends together. And no worries about them coming undone. I've tried a lot of different patterns and like mine the best! lol If you cut the strips and then store in ziploc baggies, they're ready to go. I don't have any problem dealing with it, nor being a mess.

I have made both single and double sided scrubbies. I give to my family and friends.....according to them , their scrubbies last a loooong time!! I too am also afraid of the ends coming undone, (it would be so embarrassing), but so far so good!! Speaking of which, I think tis getting close to the season of making some more!! Thank goodness the scrubbies last family and friends for a while, because like I said before, the netting sure hurts my hands!! And I just love "mindless" patterns(my mind anyway)!!

So far, everyone that's tried my scrubbers raves about them, which makes me happy. I like that they are double sided so they seem to last longer. And yes, they too hurt my hands. In fact, since making them, I've had more trouble with crocheting baby things because the yarn keeps snagging on my rough hands! lol

I'm trying to get at least 50 done by christmas, and so far have about 20 done. Not sure if I'll make that many but I'm trying...

So far, everyone that's tried my scrubbers raves about them, which makes me happy. I like that they are double sided so they seem to last longer. And yes, they too hurt my hands. In fact, since making them, I've had more trouble with crocheting baby things because the yarn keeps snagging on my rough hands! lol

I'm trying to get at least 50 done by christmas, and so far have about 20 done. Not sure if I'll make that many but I'm trying...

I think I have a bottle of lotion in every room that I crochet/knit!! I do detest when yarn snags on my rough dry hands.....nothing worse than yarn getting caught on rough skin and pulling a stitch out or two!! I like the two sided scrubbies myself.

I think I have a bottle of lotion in every room that I crochet/knit!! I do detest when yarn snags on my rough dry hands.....nothing worse than yarn getting caught on rough skin and pulling a stitch out or two!! I like the two sided scrubbies myself.

Talk about pulling a stitch out or two, I was crocheting a baby hat and I meant to just take out one stitch but somehow or another the yarn snagged on my hands and several rounds came out. It was very frustrating!

Archived