Old subject I know.....glow in the dark yarn...I wish :(

AbbyNormal

Why is it that when I find out about something it is too late?

I got all excited thinking I could make some children's security blankets with stripes of this glow in the dark yarn. Just to find out is is no longer available.

I did find this on eBay though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIGHTLIGHTS-GLOW-DARK-ACCENT-YARN-LOT-EIGHT-/380378316542?pt=US_Yarn&hash=item5890507efe#ht_1860wt_782

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? That is $12.50 for a 2oz skein!!! YOWZA!

I am a bit saddened. Plus a wee bit bummed.

I will be getting me some glow in the dark paint and painting up a couple of my hooks and see how well that works out.

I was the same way -- found out just as the yarn was discontinued. I never even saw it clearanced-out anywhere! I think I just did not know that it was on the market so I didn't notice it when it was for sale. I'd love to have a little too -- I think it would be so cute for kid's slippers and like you mentioned the little security afghans you make for toddlers! Using it for just trim work, it would not be so bad that it was expensive. But don't think I would want to invest $100 to see if I liked it! I don't even know how much it actually lights up at night. Seems like it might be a very slight glow.

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't go ahead and paint any hooks. I found the paint but it said it only glowed for 10 minutes. That was not worth the time or effort IMO.

Archived