The fun fur scarf

Well I started it over. I finally realized that the K hook just wasn't cutting it. So I got out my M hook and started over. I may end up having to buy another ball to finish it, but we'll see. At this point, after about a half hour I am as far along on this as I was before I started over. I think I can actually finish the darn thing tonight! I sure hope so!! And best of all, I haven't cussed once since I started over lol. I'll post a pic of the completed scarf tomorrow (I hope!) or at least a mostly completed scarf ;)

Thanks ya'll. I need the encouragement with this project lol. I thought the K would be big enough, I mean it WAS recommended on the package. Ugh. Never again though! And actually I fibbed, I didn't look close enough at the hook I switched to, I'm using the N hook. It's going ever so much better though!

I read your blog post about how much you hated that scarf. :lol I hope this one turns out better for you. I think you are *very* brave using fun fur without any yarn with it! :eek2

I did the fun fur scarf....the one from the michael's web site. Anyway, I kept switching out colors, and that was a real pain. It is done, but it is a lot thinner than I thought it would be...it is only 8 stiches wide...how many stiches wide is yours?

Are you holding two strands together? Maybe that is the way I should have done it...but that would be a huge pain, especially switching out colors....

I'm new at all this, so let me know the "tricks of the trade!"

Nicci :*csheep

Hi Nicci,

On this scarf I am just doing a single strand of Fun Fur, and have learned that, as Kari said, the bigger hook you use the better. I tried using the size recommended and couldn't find the stitches. So I went up to a N hook and it's going much better now. This is the first time I've used fun fur without holding a strand of yarn with it, and will probably be the LAST time.

Marvie

Marvie...the fact you are not cussing the scarf after starting over is GOOD news! When I get to the point of cussing a project, it's time to put it down and work on something else! Like all of us, I'm always working on 2 or more things at a time! Good luck! Dar

I am making a scarf using an eyelash yarn( not sure how comparable it is to fun fur) but one thing that is making it much easier to handle is combining it with a strand of Simply soft, using an N hook and working it Like this: SC skip one ST, and SC in the next stitch, the added strand of yarn help make the individual stitches a bit more visable.

Fun Fur, Eyelash, or what ever that Brand calls it is really crazy to work with, I have made several (not using reg. yarn with it). This makes a real soft effect, only used for fashion statement not warmth, lol. yes, large hook is a must, and also, count count count, having to use your fingers to feel where the stitches are, and let me just say, using dark colors will drive you up the wall, cause there is no amount of light that will help seeing those stitches. And do not try and watch TV while working with this stuff, lol. First try out, my scarf kept changing width, one row 6" wide then 8" wide, I was so made, and this stuff does not pull out easily, it knots. I am making one now, using a champagne color, so I can see the stitches, and can count easily. I really do love this stuff, but what makes me made is, one can buy them real real cheap. :*cheap

Archived