Double chunky!

~threadbear~

Really sorry if this has already been asked. I have looked, but can't find the information I need. :think

I bought some scarab double chunky yarn in a sale today, but it doesn't give me any idea on it, of the crochet hook I should use.

On the label it states size 10/12 knitting needles, but no mention of crochet sizes at all.

My biggest hook at the moment is a size 8mm, so I had a quick try with that, but it doesn't look right, it's coming out too tight.

I did wonder if the knitting needle sizes are an indication of the hook size, but I don't have any of that size to try at the moment and would rather ask on here, so I know I'm getting the right one, rather than randomly buying and it's all totally wrong! :embar

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

:hook

Ive never seen that yarn and can't find any info online. but I find that often the recommended needle size is a mm at least smaller than the hook that seems to work for me.

I'm wondering if the label recommends a (US) size 10, which is 6mm, or 10-12 mm? Oddly there seems to be no US size 12, it jumps from 10 to 13 (9mm). If an 8 mm hook is too small then I'd guess it means 10-12 mm, and you might want a 12mm or bigger hook.

Sorry, I'm not much help!

Archived