Sister wants an afghan.. need help...

Aziandoll

Question

Hi everyone, I was wondering what is the quickest and easiest stitch for an afghan? She wants it to be light blue and brown. I have never made one before, because I have always stuck to smaller projects. What do you all suggest?

7 answers to this question

My favorite "quick" afghan is the giant granny square! Just start with a basic granny square pattern and keep going...you can change colors as you go. They work up quick and are great gifts :)

Try crochetpatterncentral.com for granny square patterns.

Donna

My favorite "quick" afghan is the giant granny square! Just start with a basic granny square pattern and keep going...you can change colors as you go. They work up quick and are great gifts :)

Try crochetpatterncentral.com for granny square patterns.

Donna

Wow, are you serious? I never thought of that.. how big did you make it? eeek....I am trying to imagine transporting the project to my meetup group, lol.

A stitch I have used to whip up a quick afghan uses a Q hook, and holding two strands together. In the first row you (sc, ch2, sc) all in the 4th chain from hook, then - skip a ch, (sc, ch2, sc) in next - etc. Next row you (sc, ch2, sc) in each ch2 space across. I've make a couple like this - one I did in a solid color, one I did with stripes of different colors. You could even use two different colors held together, that might be pretty! It works up fast, did both of them in just a couple of days each. :2frog

Corner to corner, is super fast and you can make it solid or use varigated or change colors at end of rows. really quick and simple, and lovely, also if you want you can add any border. Also just like to add, that I am from the South Bay area also, now I live in Florida, but my whole family is there. El Segundo, Redondo,etc.

Archived