Do you ever feel...

I think we all feel like that sometimes. I've been crocheting for 30 years or so. A few years back, I challenged myself and made the Cathedral Window Afghan and it was a real confidence booster. However, I"ll still go running out of the room, crying, if you make my try a pattern with BPDC or FPDC!:lol

You bags are great!

I've been crocheting for 30 years. A couple nights ago I was at my friend's house with my crochet, and she was working on her tatting. I started a new square, and by the time I finished the 4th round, I stopped and showed her. We both burst out laughing and couldn't stop! This piece was all crooked and really looked horrible. She said "I can't believe YOU made something so baaad!" Well, yup I did. I did. We laughed more, and I tore it apart and did it over, correctly.

You bags are great!

I've been crocheting for 30 years. A couple nights ago I was at my friend's house with my crochet, and she was working on her tatting. I started a new square, and by the time I finished the 4th round, I stopped and showed her. We both burst out laughing and couldn't stop! This piece was all crooked and really looked horrible. She said "I can't believe YOU made something so baaad!" Well, yup I did. I did. We laughed more, and I tore it apart and did it over, correctly.

ok now that is funny:D

In my webshop at http://www.amigurumishop.com you can find some easy amigurumispatterns that I have made up myself (started doing amigurumis in april this year) and they are quite easy for a beginner since I myself have been a beginner making them up =) try out for example the Owlys, realy simple patterns!

I am always amazed that I can take a hook and yarn and create any of my projects! So, I guess I don't dwell on the things I may be a little afraid to tackle at this point. I have so many projects within my skill level that I have not begun yet, I won't run out any time soon. :) Your momma is right though -- just keep practicing! The more you make the better you get. A new stitch here and there and pretty soon, you are the master others are oohing and ahhing over!

I just never thought I would be able to do as much as I do now -- so it is a constant surprise for me when a project is complete and looks like it is supposed to! Crochet is something I think everyone can do with enough practice. Each stitch is just a variation of the basics. Be happy with each creation and learn from each pattern. Do push a little out of your comfort zone so you learn new stitches. Do not let them scare you too much -- remember they are just variations of what you have been doing. :)

I have still not attempted tunisian and a few other techniques. But I will someday. If I ever run out of projects on my "must do" list, there are plenty of other things I need to try!

Archived