just bought 2 books

I just ordered 2 crochet books and now I can't wait to get them, I ordered

1. Donna Kooler - Encyclopedia of Crochet

2. Gayle Wood - Encyclopedia of 300 Crochet Patters, Stitches and Designs

Does anyone have these books and are they worth having?? :hook

I love them both! I have the Encyclopedia of Crochet, the pics are nice. You can see all the detail in the stitches and the directions are clear and easy to follow.

I borrowed the Enc. of 300 Stitches from the library. I really like that one too. I'd buy it but between the Enc. of Crochet and the Crochet Stitch Bible I have to think I've got most of the stitches in there. Which actually only means I won't buy it right now...:)

Some overlap is good, Maria. I was following a pattern that called something a certain stitch, and I couldn't find it in my Donna Kooler. But it was in my Crochet Stitch Bible, and listed with it were other names for it. I checked Kooler, and there it was, with a lovely illustration. Can't remember what stitch it was, but anyhow, the point is, they are both very handy! Patty

I was lucky enough to borrow Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet through inter-library loan. It was so hard to take it back!! ;) Even my husband looked through it from cover to cover. Someday it will make its way into my library...

I bought a copy of the Donna Kooler book a while back when I had a Barnes & Noble gift card and it's fantastic :yay I especially love the section on the history of crochet--none of the other books I have go much into that.

I haven't seen the other one--maybe I ought to add that to my library list :U

I just received the Donna Kooler book this morning and I love it :manyheart I'm really glad that I bought it. It's the kind of book I'm sure I'll go back to all the time. I don't know how to read the graph patterns and she has her stitch patterns written in both ways :hook I'm finally going to learn how to read the graphs!! :yay

Archived