Ideas for a piano topper

Taphy

Question

I thought I'd ask my fellow crocheters for ideas.

My boyfriend has a lovely, black lacquer, upright piano and I'd like to make a piano topper for it, as the top gets very dusty, and detracts from it's beauty.

I want to use a soft cotton yarn, no thread. He doesn't like flowers, lace, or country look, and he wants it in white (or possibly cream), black, and burgundy. A table runner would work, but I can't seem to find something classy for a piano.

Any ideas?

7 answers to this question

Taphy-

Did you per chance look at CPC's Table Runner list of patterns?

I personally like the Greek Filet Runner and may even make it for my own piano. You can make it any length you desire. I prefer my covers to hang over the sides of the piano. Gives it a more elegant look.

A table runner in filet might look nice and using the larger sized yarn would make it quick and easy to crochet and they come in a lot of pretty designs. Also it would be easy to add rows so it would overhang. Good luck in finding your pattern. My husband is VERY picky when it comes to crochet stuff and so far I've only made him beanies because I know it the one thing he'll wear and like!

Thanks Just1,

I'm thinking about making him the piano topper in an interlaced shell pattern (I have it in a crochet stitch book, but can't find it on line or maybe it's called something else than what the book calls it.)

I've told my boyfriend I am simply marking my territory...with crochet. So far, I've made him Kittens in a Row afghan (he loves cats), dish towels, a pillow cover (I plan on covering all his couch pillows), coasters, a queen size blanket for this guest room, a kitty blanket/bed for his cat, and various cat toys.

Taphy

That's cute "marking your territory with crochet!". If he lets you then it was meant to be! :) Looked through a few of my stitch books and did not see anyting called an interlaced shell pattern (although new to fancy stitches) all the shell patterns looked like ordinary shells to me. :)

Archived