HELP! Loose Ends!

charkitty

Question

Does anyone have any quick (fun and less frustrating) ways to weave in 'loose ends' on your crochet projects? 'Loose ends' are particularly frustrating when crocheting from a graph. Any suggestions? Sometimes I can crochet the ends as I go, but that's not always possible. Any magic tricks? Thanks.

charkitty

3 answers to this question

I will certainly watch this thread for answers! The thing I like to do is to go down like 2 hook sizes and use it to "weave" in the end a little at a time. Just insert the hook through a stitch near the end and yarn over with the end and pull through, and move on to another.

I make sure to go in a couple different directions because I found when I just crocheted over the end as soon as i pulled on the fabric it would come out. This is a better method for me anyway, more invisible than using a needle.

Hope I helped.

Lyn in NH

Well, I'm just the opposite of Lyn! :D I used to use a smaller hook, for many many years. Then I discovered the tapestry needle was much easier and quicker for me and I could weave more directions, making it more difficult for my ends to escape (and more invisible). The LEAST successful method I have tried is to just work over the ends. After a few washings, they ALWAYS worked themselves out, but other ladies have no problem with that method.I think it's whatever works for you. There's no magic tricks, unfortunately.

Susan

Archived