Crochet Dude - CBAP pattern question

Craftonite

Question

So I don't know if anyone else is making squares for the Crochet Dude's Carnation Bouquet Afghan Project (CBAP), but I need some help with the pattern. The project is on his website - http://blog.thecrochetdude.com/2011/03/24/carnation-bouquet-afghan-project.aspx

I've made a few flowers already (and they are a lot of fun to make) but when I started to work the rounds for the background I got confused. Here's the way the pattern reads:

Rnd 2: Sl st into ch-2 space, ch 5 (counts as first dc + ch-2), 2 dc in same space, dc in next 7 sts, * [2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc] in ch-2 space, dc in next 7 sts, rep from * two more times, dc once more in first space, join with a sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch-5

Rnd 3: Sl st into ch-2 space, ch 5 (counts as first dc + ch-2), 2 dc in same space, [fpdc around next dc, bpdc around next dc] 6 times, fpdc around next dc....

The problem is, Round 3 requires 6 "sets" of fpdc and bpdc on each side of the square, but Round 2 doesn't seem to create enough stitches (7 + 2 from each corner) on each side to allow for that many stitches. Am I missing something? Since these squares may be attached to ones other people are doing, I want to get the correct number of stitches in each round so I can get the correct size.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

5 answers to this question

They are also talking about it on Ravelry.

Hope that helps

Thanks, everyone! Kbear, Ravelry was the place:clap I didn't follow that group, but the answer was there! I was not the only one with this problem, and people had different work arounds.

Appreciate the help!

Thanks, everyone! Kbear, Ravelry was the place:clap I didn't follow that group, but the answer was there! I was not the only one with this problem, and people had different work arounds.

Appreciate the help!

Glad it helped!!!

It is on my to do list for sure!!!!!!

Archived