Microwave Doily

I wasn't sure where to post this question...

My microwave has one of those round, glass turntables in it. Normally I keep a paper towel on top of it to help catch messes. My question is this: do you think it would be safe for me to crochet a cotton "doily" to use instead?

I wouls think if the paper towel doesn't catch fire then the doily shouldn't, you can test it, just put it in and put a small amount of time on the micro then check to see if doily is warm/hot if so don't use...JMHO

I don't think I would do it. I think after time, or if you cooked something for a long time, it would scorch and maybe burn. At the very least if something spills on it, you'd be cooking it in and it'd be hard to clean.

I have no idea though. Maybe someone else has already done it and knows.

I don't think I would. Paper towels can be thrown away, and I sure wouldn't want to throw away a hand made cloth.

I personally would not put anything in there other than paper towels. Funny story- my niece used to wet herself all the time, (not the funny part yet) so we would wash her unmentionables out by hand and put them in the microwave to dry. I don't know what we were thinking. Needless to say, they scorched and burnt really quickly. That is a smell you can not get rid of for DAYS! We all had a good laugh back then and still do now, but it was a lesson learned. :)

Archived