If your yarn has machine-wash directions..

AidanM

If your yarn has machine-wash directions, does that mean it won't full?

Because I used an acrylic-wool blend (Red Heart Fabublend, I'm not sure they make it anymore) in an afghan I've made and I'd like to machine wash it to see if it'll help it relax some but I don't want part of it to look wonkety.

That is correct, Machine Washable wool, also called SuperWash, won't full, because it has been treated so that the size and shape don't change in the washer. I still wouldn't want to wash it on hot water cycles, but it should be safe to wash and dry as directed and stay in shape.

In regards to your afghan, I'm afraid it may look wonkety if you attempt to full it.

Kathy

In regards to your afghan, I'm afraid it may look wonkety if you attempt to full it.

I don't think Aiden wants to full the afghan, I think he just wants to wash it so that it softens up and relaxes a bit.

Aiden, what's the percentage makeup of the yarn? 80 Acrylic, 20 Wool? Because it's a blend and because it's more than likely more acrylic than wool, and since they give you machine washing instructions, you should be fine washing it and it shouldn't get wonky. It definitely won't full.

Archived