Peaches N Creme Update

I was at Pisgah Yarns yesterday. Thought the FINAL closing date was Feb. 25th BUT it is the 21st. So fellow Crochetville members, if you want to place a order, you need to do this today or tomorrow. What orders are received by Monday must ship out on Monday. I did not realize that they make the Lions Brand cotton yarn which is a larger skein. Did buy quite a bit of seconds yarn and some white cones for $2 each. Saw Flo and she is doing well. Her last day is the 22nd. Just thought everyone needed a 'heads up'.

Yes, it was almost a six hour drive but it was a great day to travel weatherwise. The trip was one of those want to and not have to things. Just knowing that we will never have this place to stop at on our travels to see family in Asheville and our son at grad school in Bowling Green, KY is sad. We used this stop as a break. Got quite a bit of yarn from a couple friends as well as myself. My stash grew quite a bit but I know I will use it in time

!

Poor Flo. I feel so bad for her and all the others. I did scoop a couple of cones of honeysuckle (fashion weight. (#2 weight) a couple weeks ago (on sale)...some were already out of stock, but I have a couple now, that will get used eventually. They were my v-day gift. ;)I will be thinking of Flo et al when I do get to work on it. Such a shame to see this company go.

I was at Pisgah Yarns yesterday. Thought the FINAL closing date was Feb. 25th BUT it is the 21st. So fellow Crochetville members, if you want to place a order, you need to do this today or tomorrow. What orders are received by Monday must ship out on Monday. I did not realize that they make the Lions Brand cotton yarn which is a larger skein. Did buy quite a bit of seconds yarn and some white cones for $2 each. Saw Flo and she is doing well. Her last day is the 22nd. Just thought everyone needed a 'heads up'.

Thanks for the heads up!

Flo was much better yesterday than when I saw her before. Her last day is the 22nd. She is going to be ok. She can get unemployment for ten months and then she will be eligible for retirement (an age thing). She is going to change her profiles to be herself and not Pisgah Yarns. She wants to get more involved with this group and others. Her husband is retired and they plan to travel to see some elder relatives but I feel much better about her and her future endeavors. I know she is coming to the beach, soon I hope, and we are going to get together to crochet. Can't wait.

Archived