sewing for belly dance class

kookaloo_starr

My brain & my body co-operated today and I managed to get some sewing done :D I don't usually show off my sewing here but today I feel like showing the world how busy I have been! :lol

I made two skirts, a pair of shorts and a flower to wear in my hair. I always wear either harem pants or shorts under my dance costumes for modestly and comfort.

The gold skirt is a polyester satin made from 4 A-line panels with an elastic waistband.

The red over skirt is shimmer organza, I cut two rectangles and then cut out the zigzag shape and singed the edges on a candle flame to stop them fraying and to add that petal edge look.

The flower clip was an after thought to use up the remnants, I don't like to make waste :D

The bike shorts are a nude Lycra, I drew a template from a pair I already have. They came out OK but I won't be showing you them being worn, take my word that they fit ;)

I'll try and get a pic of me in my costume when my sis turns up for dance class later this evening, I'm rearing to go now!

post-14036-135897626278_thumb.jpg

post-14036-135897626282_thumb.jpg

post-14036-135897626286_thumb.jpg

post-14036-135897626289_thumb.jpg

Archived