Little Girl's Purse and Change Purse Set

Lealonna

Awhile ago I learned how to do the "fan stitch". I just read how to do it and started making something. I didn't really know what I was making at first. Then I decided to make it into a little purse for one of my little 3 year old cousins, then made another one exactly opposite her twin sister, making up the pattern as I went along.

Here is the pattern:

You will need:

5.50 mm crochet hook

2 colours of yarn (This doesn't take much yarn)

For the purse:

Ch. 40. Work 4 rows of fan st. using col. A. Chg. to col B. Work 2 rows of fan st. using col. B. Chg. back to col. A. Work 3 rows of fan st. using col. A. Finish off.

Fold in half. Start in corner and sc. both edges together along the bottom and up the side. Do NOT finish it off yet. Ch. 50. Attach ch. to other side (this is the handle/strap). If you want to decorate a bit more, you can weave a piece of yarn around the top edge on either side and tie the ends in bows on either end.

For the change-purse:

Using col. B, Ch. 11. Starting in second ch from hook, *sc across (10 sc in all). ch one*. Rep from *to* ten times, not chaining one the last time. Finish off. Do this twice. Using col. A attach the 2 squares you just made by sc on two sides and the bottom.

100_1053.JPG

100_1057.JPG

If the instructions aren't clear, or you have any questions, just ask :-)

Have fun! :)

~Lealonna

http://hookedcreations.blogspot.com/

• 3 months later...

Archived