Granddaugher's Sweater

Nanachar

I finished this sweater yesterday. There is also a close up of the buttons I used. I love them and she will too. She is 4 years old.

I am mailing it this morning to my youngest granddaughter.

It is a size 6; top down seamless sweater. Very easy since it was my first one. I am almost done with my second one for my other granddaughter.

post-5045-135897580271_thumb.jpg

post-5045-135897580276_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what a seamless top down sweater is (I've been knitting for about 17 years?) but I like it. :yes I think I need to find out what it is, it sounds a lot easier than what I have been trying to do.. :blush

Very nice, and your grand daughter is sure to love it. :c9

Thank you everyone for all your nice comments. Samantha really does love it....

Mom with a Motif - I love these patterns because there is no seams or sewing together. It is knit all in one piece. Google top down sweater patterns and you should find tons... Ravalry also has some for free.

Thank you. :) I am about ready to rip apart a whole sweater I started when our 8 year old was a baby. Now I was going to finish it for my nephew but (long story... :blush) somehow ripped apart the sweater.:think

Mom w/a motif - here is a great site for an adult top down sweater free pattern. http://www.cosmicpluto.com/blog/patterns-by-laura-chau/cosmicpluto-knits-top-down-cardi-new-and-improved/

Actually, come to think of it, I think I have done this type of sweater. In a newborn size. I don't like seaming, and I HATE casting on at the neck edge for a roll. (That's where I messed up and somehow when I ripped it out, I ripped out into the actual sweater?.. Maddening!)

The Incredible Custom Fit Raglan Sweater is a worksheet to help you figure out the sizing for a top-down sweater.

Knitting Pure and Simple sells only top-down sweaters. Here is their tutorial for them which helps visualize what is going on in the free worksheet linked above.

Archived