Little Angels

Becky Morgan

post-16588-13589761904_thumb.jpg

I apologize for not having put these up sooner, but I lost my notes! I'm pretty sure this is what I did. If not, hey, ir works :hook

Materials: Bits and bobs of shiny thread or baby yarn

Brass paper fastener

OR paper clip and tie tac-kinda pin back

Ch 4 and join to form ring. With skirt color, work (dc, ch 1) five or seven times--how many will depend on how heavy your yarn is, how much of it you have in a scrap and how much patience you have :lol. If you have enough yarn and feel like it, you may turn and work (ch 3, sc in ch-1 sp) across, ending with a sc in the last dc.

Now change to a white, silver or gold wing yarn or thread.

Squeeze the skirt stitches aside and sc in the beginning ring. Ch 1, hdc, ch1,dc, ch 5, sc in the ring, ch 7 (for the halo), sc in ring, ch 5, dc, ch 1, hdc, ch 1, sc and fasten off.

Now for the semi-tricky part: if you're using a paper clip, pull the inner loop sideways from the outer loop. See how it looks like arms folded in prayer? Try to keep that reverent thought in mind while you work the wire through the stitches and sorta shove the arms around front. When you have it anchored, dab a little glue on the back of the tie tac kinda thingy and put the pin part through the ring, so your angel has a gold face and the glue holds everything together.

If you're using a brass paper fastener, put the prongs through the hole so the head is on the front and makes the angel's head. Now squeeze it flat and bend the prongs forward, folding them into arms beneath the angel's chin. It's possible to fold them right around a bar-type pin back. I have to get some step by step pictures uploaded, but trust me: once you get this, it's so simple that you can make them in less than five minutes, so it's easy to make a whole bunch.

:hook I just made 2 of them!! I love making them!! They are fast to make up!! I can't wait to get the paper fasteners to put the finishing touch on them!! Great way to use up those tiny scraps that you hate to throw out but really can't do much with!! I am going to make a ton of these for charity!!

:clap THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived