Ty's Sweater

RelicRaider

It's getting that time of year again, and the sweater we bought isn't looking too good. (Another dog we temporarily had tried to chew it off Ty.) So, I decided it was time to sit down and whip something up for my boy.

Here's what I came up with. Model is Bailey, because the storm from last night have left Mr. Ty (a high strung, temperamental 7lb Min-Pin) cranky and he's not in a modeling mood right now (it does fit, though). He got out in it and got soaked, which never makes Ty a happy camper. He HATES getting wet. Poor baby. I toweled him off and he spent hours sleeping in my lap to "recover" from the ordeal.

Ty is pitch black with a bit of dark brown, so I went with orange (which I seem to have an abundance of for some reason). I told hubby this can be Ty's Halloween outfit, LOL. Maybe later sometime I can get Ty to model it and snap a pic to post on my blog or something.

No pattern. I just sat down and made it up as I went (doesn't that seem to be a pattern? lol). I made it in three parts. Bottom and back, then sewed them together and put a neck on the whole thing after that. Really simple and worked up fairly quickly. Now to scale it down for his little brother, Nicky, our 4lb chihuahua. I'd make big boy Link (20lb rat terrier) one, but he doesn't care for sweaters and he's a little heat factory anyhow and doesn't get cold as easily as his brothers seem to.

post-17323-135897572131_thumb.jpg

post-17323-135897572136_thumb.jpg

post-17323-135897572139_thumb.jpg

Very nice! I have a Mini Pin also. She is over weight due to trying to regulate her Diabetes (I give her 2 shots everyday). Her eyesight is just about gone too. Here is the coat I made for her from a pattern I got from Crochetville.

Check out my little furry girl.... - Crochetville® Forum

Oh how cute! Both your dog and her sweater. I adore my Ty. He's my baby. If I lay down for a nap and will allow him, he'll lay down just as long as I do. Don't get me wrong, I love all my boys (we have 3 of them), but I can't help it. Ty's my favorite.

Here's the pattern for it. I just wrote it up (using the completed sweater to count everything, LOL). As I said before, it's really simple.

http://heatherkundert.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/going-to-the-dogs/

lol, no. I don't think I could handle three Min-Pins at once, especially with how Ty is (he's temperamental with everyone but me and VERY stubborn). The other two are a chihuahua and a rat terrier. Ty was furbaby #2. Rat terrier (Link) came first, he'll be 6 a few days before my b-day in Nov, then I happened upon someone selling Min-Pins and Ty was the runt of the litter (half the size of his siblings and he just turned 3 this past Feb.), then someone gave us the chihuahua, Nicky, who has the nappiest hair I have ever seen on a dog and he just turned 2 in July. I use conditioner on him, but it doesn't do much good. Oh well, we love them all, but Ty rules the roost. Ty's alpha dog, which is kind of funny. The chihuahua wants to be, but Ty won't allow it.

cute!

I have a 10.5 yr old red (about 1/2 grey now) female mini pin. I swear she has just as much energy now as when she was a puppy. She's on the big side, about 11-12lbs.

I do need to make her some sweaters before it gets cold. She loves to stay outside.

Finally got Ty to model his sweater, and I got one of Nicky in his while I was at it. They weren't very cooperative during the picture taking, though.

So, here's 2 of my boys.

PS: The blanket they are on is one I got at a fleamarket for a few dollars. I have yet to make a ripple afghan.

post-17323-135897573179_thumb.jpg

post-17323-135897573184_thumb.jpg

Archived