I'm taking a trip

When I traveled from Alabama to NC in May, I tucked some thread and crochet hook in my camera case along with my jewelry and meds and it went through the scanners in both airports with no problem. I didn't take it out during the trip since both "legs" were 1 hr and 1-1/2 hr so I just rested my eyes. I think others on the forum haven't had any problems either.

Yes, it's fine. Read the FAA rules on what is permitted and what is not.

But it is also up to the personal opinion of the screeners, so I wouldn't bring all your hooks or anything that you would be sad about if they got taken away.

Also, to cut your yarn, pick up a cheap pair of small rounded kid scissors. This way if they are taken, it's no big deal. I picked up a pair in the school supplies of WM and it was about 60 cents.

Good luck and have a nice trip.

:manyheart

Oh, and make sure you crochet on the plane. It really helps the flight go by really fast.

Enjoy yourself.

:manyheart

I haven't flown for a couple years but I took a small project with me to work on and used small nail clippers to cut my yarn with. No problems. I'll be taking a trip this summer and I intend to take a small project with me again.

Archived