Mindless relaxing patterns?

quietheart

Question

I found myself today, exhausted, but since I quit smoking 3+ years ago I must be crocheting or knitting if Im sitting watching TV etc.

I've been working on patterns that required me to keep track of every row and really needed something relaxing to do. The only limiter I had today was it couldnt be large because it was extremely hot even with the AC on you did not want something over you. So I couldn't reach for my normal mindless Afghans.

So I thought, "I wonder if anyone else has mindless things, relaxing things they reach for to crochet" when they are doing other things or tired.

I'd love to see some of your links and ideas.

So how about you? What pattern do you reach for when your mind is elsewhere or tired?

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the one that rolls over on itself has a seam down the middle , for some reason this makes it not work properly for me and bend properly when getting pans out of the oven etc.

It may be that you should have made 1 or 2 more rounds before you stopped. It gets to the point where you think you are done, but in order for it to be square & lay right, you actually need to do 1 or 2 more rounds, then seam up.

I have given away dozens of these, & never gotten a complaint.

Kath, I love to do scarves. You pick a stitch pattern and crochet away. I have a couple of favorites that are just repetition of the first two rows, so once I get started I just crochet away. I make them for "compassion creations" link in my signature. If you are interested pm me and I tell you the patterns. I'm at work right now so I don't have the link but they are all free patterns.

Archived