Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Stacy!!!

I love it so far- it seems to go quick- it feels strange crocheting with 2 strands together- I've never done that---a first for me!

And I never used the Caron Pounders before and like it! Another first!

It is something to adjust to, isn't it? I started one for Isabella's snuggie with a smaller hook, and it just doesn't feel right. Too stiff, I think.

Oh, my youngest DD loved hot wheels- she'll have fun with them!

Yes, the DD that asked me was the one who is a nurse who works in the ER. I'm not sure what she decided to do.

I'm with Stacy- I don't think there has been enough research on the effectiveness of the vaccine- But I am glad I get the regular flu vaccine each year- and so does DH and my nurse DD. But enough about that subject.

Colleen- are you crocheting in your new nook downstairs these days?

Stacy- how did DD do with the glasses today?

My "nook" is more storage for my crochet stuff. It doesn't have room for a chair :lol I've got my yarn down there now and my sewing box, but I'm waiting on some magazine holders before I move my patterns down there. We have defintely made some headway on cleaning out this office, so that is a good thing. It's hard to get used to going there to get stuff, but I like it. My own little space.

Yes, how does Isabella like her glasses?

Thanks Joanne. Maybe I will spend it on yarn....after Christmas though.

Stacy - How is your family today? How are those funny girls of yours? I just zipped out to the store because DD's #1 thing on her Santa list was on sale. You'll be surprised, my girly girl asked for a Hot Wheels Set :lol

Is it the one with color-changing cars? That is on Isabella's list. I let the younger ones "browse" around the toy section today, and I saw one of the others that Isabella wanted- a Lego Police headquarters thingie. $99!! :eek A couple of her other items were not much cheaper.

Everyone is fine. My FIL is itching to go back to work- the man cannot sit still. He cleaned the house and made dinner, my MIL said.

Oh!! Mia said the funniest thing today- but I don't know if it's appropriate to post here. :rolleyes That girl is just a string of unexpected observations.

How is your chicken tonight?

Yes, the Caron pounders are a pound of worsted weight- not as stiff as RHSS, not as soft as Caron Simply Soft.

I'm using a P hook- and I'm doing HDC - that is what LeaAnne said she did and I like the look of the HDC.

That's so nice to have your own little craft space! In our next house, that is going to be a must! :devil

Hi Shannon! Bye Shannon!

Isabella seemed to do well with the glasses. She was wearing them when I went to pick her up, which is a good sign. :tup

:hi Shannon :manyheart

Stacy - No, I saw the one where they change colours. This one is a Super Jump Raceway or something. It is $70 regular and I got it for $52.50 plus I had a $15.00 gift card from trading in my rewards points, so I'm happy. Oh I know she'll have fun with it (and so will DH :lol). It's kinda nice that she didn't pick the Barbie Glamour Camper or something like that. I'm Barbie'd out.

My nephew has that police headquarters. He saved up his money for a year. I know, it's expensive. It's cool though. More like a collectors item. It has handcuffs and jail cells with toilets and everything. DD just bought the city corner with her $ from the whole year. She's having fun with it.

I don't know if I want to post it on FB, either- it's about "private areas." :rofl The girl just cracks me up.

Thank you for the compliment on the square. I'm so glad you like it! The "points" were supposed to have 2 more dc each but it made the square super-ruffly.

Stacy, my DD just asked me today if she could marry a girl.....:think I had to be careful answering that one. Legally in Canada she could, but how do you explain that. Anyway, it turned out she wanted to marry her little friend. When I explained to her she could be best friends with her and didn't have to marry her she was happy. :rofl

No work this weekend!!!! I have to go grocery shopping for Thanksgiving. I have to touch base with 2 of my DD's to see what they are planning on making on Wed and see if they want me to pick it up this weekend. I doubt that DD from Boston will be bringing anything down, and sometimes DD from Philly stops at the farmer's market b/4 she comes. Other than that, I have to work on the flannelghan- DH's birthday is Tuesday!!!!:eek...I thought it was Wednesday, but today at work when I realized today was the 20th, that would make the 24th Tuesday---one less day to work on it!

I don't know- they do make car covers, you know! :rofl

Colleen, that is a hard one. Roomie is bi and one of the first books she ever read to Isabella (when we all lived in the apartment building) was a book about a girl with 2 mommies. :blush My poor daughter was so confused. We just talked a lot and answered all of her questions honestly. :shrug

Stacy, my DD just asked me today if she could marry a girl.....:think I had to be careful answering that one. Legally in Canada she could, but how do you explain that. Anyway, it turned out she wanted to marry her little friend. When I explained to her she could be best friends with her and didn't have to marry her she was happy. :rofl

Oh, that was a tricky question. I think you did fine answering the way you did. I'll tell you, these little ones really make you think quick on your feet, don't they?

Stacy and Colleen- you have to write this stuff down. I so wish I had when my DD's were younger- it would have been so much fun to show them things they used to say.

Oh I know Stacy, I don't mind answering her questions honestly. It just kind of caught me off guard. Our preschool had a couple mommy mommy families and they are quite common in this city (it has a liberal core). The things they ask, though!

Archived