Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joanne, I am using the royal blue to make Isabella's snuggie! It is such a pretty color.

The mystery CAL wasn't like I thought, either, but it is rather creative. :D I thought they would be stacked up somehow. :shrug

I think Caron SS would be too heavy for an afghan. :think

Joanne - my other secret tip on the flannelghan... at the end of the row, chain 1 (not 2), turn, hdc in 1st stitch (and so on...)

It keeps the edges cleaner, and straighter. When I was chaining 2 the edges were not sharp. :wink

JoAnn's is about 35 minutes away(without traffic) Michael's has it for $6.00 plus the 20% off so that would come to 4.80 a skein. And since Micheal's is only about 15 min away, that would be better, but if they don't have the color, I'll call joAnn's to see if they have it b/4 treking over there

I know a lot of people love it. It has just never worked for me. I made a shawl with it once, and the ends kept coming unraveled when I washed it. I ended up giving away the rest of it in the scrap swap. LoL

ooohhhh... I hope they have it, Joanne!

btw... even tho it says you don't need to care about dye lots on pounders and RHSS, try to get the same numbers that are printed on the label. sometimes after washing, they don't stay true. It happened to me once on a bed doll that I made for my mom. Now I am careful.

Oh, I have to get out the pattern and write that tip down right now before I forget. Thanks LeaAnne-

I probably won't start until I finish this ghan I'm working on- hoping to finish it this weekend. then I have to make DD's hat and scarf and finish the scarf I started on the bus trip back from AC. But I am getting excited to start this so sometime next week I'm thinking

Ok, all tips and amount of yarn written down onthe pattern. Did you use an N hook? I tend to crochet loosely. I did use N with the chenille thick and quick and it called for a P hook on the hat I made.

What kind of border did you do on yours? Did you follow the pattern border directions?

If I get the yarn I know me and I'm going to want to start right away. But I really should finish the green ghan for DD...but then again DH's birthday is 11/24 so maybe I should start that?

Oh, the decisions

It's agonizing, isn't it? :rofl

Oh, Joanne, to answer you...I mailed them late Tuesday afternoon, but with the holiday maybe they were delayed a day or two. They should arrive soon though! :clap

I used a P. I also :crocheting loose. I decreased the stitches per row and number of rows: 15 stitches per row, 14 rows per color combo. so my beginning chain was 17.

I bordered this one with 1 round of sc. Kept it simple.

I like the border directions, but the v stitch somehow seems light to me on such a sturdy 'ghan. I liked to keep it "solid"

the last one I did was 3 rounds of hdc's around.

It has been fun chatting- but I am starting to feel tired and since I have all that acleaning (and more importantly yarn shopping to do tomorrow) I think I'm going to call it a night.

It's been fun as always! Sweet dreams to the both of you--and not too much chatting or I'll have to much to read in the AM:rofl

Archived