Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will be a flannelghan... they work up so quick. I want to do Navy and lt grey for the Patriots/Sox. I am wondering how Simply soft would work, though... RHSS is tough on my thumb of my hook hand if I work on it for too long. This 'ghan took me a total of 13 hours, I think. Not bad.

13 hours- not bad at all- I know what you mean about the RHSS- that is what I am working with now on the ghan I am making for my DD.

the Caron Simply Soft- would it be too soft? What about Caron pounders? I don't know if they come in navy and white though- I've never bought them, but they are also on sale at Michael's and I got a coupon in my email for additional 20% off total purchase including sale items

I did 5 panels, 7 blocks per panel. It took me almost 6 skeins of black (mc), and 4 orange (cc). Also, I did hdc's instead of dc's like the pattern calls out. I like the hdc better. It is quicker and "cleaner"... not to mention easier to line up to sew:lol

if you are doing pounders, I would get 3 navy, and 2 white.

Thanks- and I am also a fan of the HDC! I think that is what I'll do too- especially if you say it lines up easier to sew. I will go to Michael's in the morning (a break from cleaning) and check it out. Hopefully they have the blue. I've seen the pounders in ACM and Michael's and alot of times they only have a couple of colors.

I'll let you all know how the Simply Soft works... I have a lot of it hanging around. Hopefully enough of 2 colors to put together:lol

DH also asked me for a scarf, and DS wants a flannelghan like dad's for his birthday.

Archived