Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Does he want to change careers or stay in the same field- or is that something that he is grappling with- I will keep him in my prayers- and I agree- new year- new things- look at my DD- leaving Philly where she LOVES living to go back to school and NJ- she has such mixed feelings about it all.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are unions down here, they just don't have the political clout down here that they do up there. You know how nothing gets done up there with schools without the consent of the teachers unions? That doesn't happen down here. The teachers really don't have the pull here politically. We do have professional protection and all that. We are just not the political machine that the unions is up there. And that makes the system easier to work within. There isnt any nonsense to work in. It is actually quite nice.

Yes, it is on my bucket list!!! Hoping to finally meet LeaAnne when I head to Boston in January (that is weather permitting and her schedule permitting). And Judy is only about 20 min away, so that is doable. Beth is in Va- also about a 4 hr ride and doable. It's my besties in Canada, Lousiana, Tx, Nebraska and Cali that involve airplane trips!

Yes, it is on my bucket list!!! Hoping to finally meet LeaAnne when I head to Boston in January (that is weather permitting and her schedule permitting). And Judy is only about 20 min away, so that is doable. Beth is in Va- also about a 4 hr ride and doable. It's my besties in Canada, Lousiana, Tx, Nebraska and Cali that involve airplane trips!

Ya... Nebraska. That really throws a screw in things. :rofl Poor Scooby, she'll know I'm just kidding.

Hey Joanne. I'll make it easier on you. Maybe someday I could drive to Upstate New York and meet you there. No airplane trip required. :yes

For now I think he wants to stay in retail. He has done it for so long. I think he would like to try something new but he doesn't know what. That is partly what aggravates me! He has had all this time to really decide what he wanted to do and he didn't even think about it! He could have been looking to do something different and he didn't! Now he may not have the opportunity!

Hopefully soon! I have a conference with my study chair tomorrow to talk about my methods section! Hubby will take DD to tae kwon do so I can do the conference.

Oh, Joanne, I heard about the snow coming your way! I am not at all unhappy that it is not me in its path! We actually do sunshine here for the first time is about a week and a half! It was so nice! They are saying it might get cold again just before Christmas! I hope not!

Good luck with the conference tomorrow Vicki= I'll be thinking about you while I am getting my gray's colored and my hair cut. So the snow better hold off a bit- I have a 9AM appointment and the gray's gotta go!

Mary- how is DH feeling these days?

I was thinking that he wasn't feeling well either.

I was thinking what Judy said about getting a neighbor to shovel. I might just have to go begging tomorrow- DH can't shovel (his heart) but we do have a snowblower (which of course as a man, he didn't check to make sure it has gas)

Just looked it up- 206 miles from me to Syracuse- why do you ask? Is that by Watertown?

It's about 1hr 15 minutes drive South of Watertown. Syracuse is more central for me. I'm on the other end of Lake Ontario from Mary.

Archived