Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found that post- it is archived. If you go to the Crochet A Long section, it is the first on top- I started reading it, but wanted to get back to here.

Oh, Vicki- I am sorry that DH didn't get the job. When you moved to TX did he move with a job or did he find one after moving there? I will keep praying that something comes along for him. Every thing happens for a reason- I told that to DD tonight- my nephew found out he got into Boston College today!! (his dream college) and I told DD and she said, yea, remember how I wanted to go there but you said no, can't afford it? I said, yes, but everything happens for a reason. If you had gone to BC and not Rutgers, you never would have met your DH!!! She agreed and said I was right.....I had to stop for a minute---my DD telling me I'm right!!!

So what did the post say?

There was some name calling I think and bad mouthing things like that. Amy closed down up in the sky then they started a new thread and it started again so Amy closed it down again. and I think they started a new one again

There was some name calling I think and bad mouthing things like that. Amy closed down up in the sky then they started a new thread and it started again so Amy closed it down again. and I think they started a new one again

Oh dear, why would they do that? That is too bad :(

Joanne - that is funny about your DD saying you are right. You should write that one down :lol

So now we just have to start over again. I am not mad at him. The powers that be are now going after his old boss and we know that. We have someone who is going to try to help us at another store, so that is all we can do at this point. I just need to stay positive and I need to have faith that something will come along. I was just really upset today.

I wonder why people have to get into name calling and all. I am sooooo glad that we have such a wonderful group of women in this CAL!:hug:manyheart

I just don't understand how people could be namecalling :think. I was worried they shut it down because they chatted too much like us :lol

Teaching up in the northeast is very different. It is driven by the unions and the tenure system. It is all politics. I was in the system and was a miserable failure at it! I actually taught in NYC for many years in a non-public day school for emotionally disturbed children and LOVED it! There was no pressure, not politics, no BS. That is what this is down here. I don't do the political game very well. I never really did.

Teaching up in the northeast is very different. It is driven by the unions and the tenure system. It is all politics. I was in the system and was a miserable failure at it! I actually taught in NYC for many years in a non-public day school for emotionally disturbed children and LOVED it! There was no pressure, not politics, no BS. That is what this is down here. I don't do the political game very well. I never really did.

So there are no teacher unions in TX? Gee, what a novel approach- I don't think I would last in that environment either- I'm not good at politics etc. That is probably why I am not farther ahead in my career- I am not good at playing the "game". I like keeping things real

So there are no teacher unions in TX? Gee, what a novel approach- I don't think I would last in that environment either- I'm not good at politics etc. That is probably why I am not farther ahead in my career- I am not good at playing the "game". I like keeping things real

I agree, life is much simpler without politics. I didn't choose teaching when I was younger because here there is a very powerful teacher's union here. It is on my "maybe" list for the future right now, but that would be one of the biggest turn offs for me. I guess I think now that I'm older and more mature I might be better equipped to handle it. Fact is, if you can stay out of it, teaching is a very rewarding career (as I'm sure you know Vicki). Oh well, I believe all things happen for a reason. :yes

I often think how neat it would be to travel to all the places where my besties are and meet each of you in person.

That would be so fun! I think I'll put it on my life long "to do" list to try to meet more of you. Hey, I have a bucket list! :lol

Archived