Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Mary- that is so neat that your DD will be home for 3 months in March!! And glad your voice is back.

This is the song that came in to my head----

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock

Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring

Snowin' and blowin' up bushels of fun

Now the jingle hop has begun

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock

Jingle bells chime in jingle bell time

Dancin' and prancin' in Jingle Bell Square

In the frosty air

What a bright time, it's the right time

To rock the night away

Jingle bell time is a swell time

To go glidin' in a one-horse sleigh

Joanne I love that song

Thanks Joanne for the song! Love it! Funny story about my DD. They sang a song in her school show and it included the word "Bethlehem". DD would practice her song and say "Way down in Betmahead". And I was like, what is "betmahead"? But then I figured it out. A few days ago her little mind was trying to figure out the Christmas story.

DD: "Mommy, is Betmahead in the desert?"

Me: "Yes".

DD: "Do they like snow there?"

Me: "Well, they probably never saw snow in the desert".

DD: "Oh. Do Angles like humans?" :lol

Mary - Are you back to Coburg for the next one?

WTG on not buying yarn, Mary- I am trying to use what I have, but being that I am a really tight time line here, I bought some Wool Ease Thick and Quick yarn- 6 ply bulky- the hats go really quick (at least for me, since I'm still what I think of as a slow crocheter)

Someone had posted a link here at the Ville on one from CrochetKitten.com- it is called lacy chenille scarf- pattern calls for Chenille Thick and Quick. I like the way it looks with the thick and quick- it alsmost looks like it has clusters instead of shells with this yarn.

WTG on not buying yarn, Mary- I am trying to use what I have, but being that I am a really tight time line here, I bought some Wool Ease Thick and Quick yarn- 6 ply bulky- the hats go really quick (at least for me, since I'm still what I think of as a slow crocheter)

Someone had posted a link here at the Ville on one from CrochetKitten.com- it is called lacy chenille scarf- pattern calls for Chenille Thick and Quick. I like the way it looks with the thick and quick- it alsmost looks like it has clusters instead of shells with this yarn.

I think you are becoming a fast crocheter:cheer

That scarf sounds really nice

That is sooooo cute Colleen and yes we are back in coburg we paid for our spot right after the show last summer for next year........ are you going to try and make it there?

I'll think about it closer to the time. Long weekend, right? I am a big chicken about driving through Toronto :blush

Hubby didn't get the job that we thought was going to come through. Then we find out that there was more than one position open and they didn't offer him anything. I am just very bummed and I was so upset today at work. It was very hard to keep myself together today at work. I wonder sometimes if moving to Texas screwed up his career.

Ok I have a grandson story

He asked his mom for pancakes tonight with the fridge syrup and she said no supper is almost ready, so he got on the phone with me and asked If I could make him some and I said when you come to my house I will make pancakes with the fridge syrup and a cup of tea. he then said to his mother ..... Nanny is going to make it for me

Hubby didn't get the job that we thought was going to come through. Then we find out that there was more than one position open and they didn't offer him anything. I am just very bummed and I was so upset today at work. It was very hard to keep myself together today at work. I wonder sometimes if moving to Texas screwed up his career.

:(:hug I'm so sorry to hear that, Vicki. I will pray that something else comes up for him. How is the job market there? It is tough in a lot of places. I will be praying for you that he finds something soon. How long have you lived in Texas?

Iam sorry to hear that Vicki ..... I will keep your family in my prayers

Colleen - We have been here for 5 years. It has been wonderful for me. It has brought my teaching career into a whole new place and I love it here. It would break my heart to have to go back up to the northeast. It has been hard for him. If I had known it would have been this hard I don't know if I would have done it. But then I don't think I would still be teaching. Part of the problem is that my brother in law works for the same company and that seems to have caused friction. I guess I never really knew how much until the last year or so.

Archived