Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Iam still feeling rotten. Hopefully after a good nights sleep I will feel better.

What other kind of crafts do you do besides crochet?

Plastic canvas, bow making by hand, cross stitch, embroidery, floral arrangements, wreaths, ceramics, glass painting, stenciling, some scrapbooking, woodworking/painting......

Hi Mary and Scooby!

How are you both? DD, DH and I just got back from Barnes and Noble- we went since DH had a gift card from his birthday that was burning a hole in his pocket. LOL

Hi Joanne!!!!:hug LOL I love barnes and noble and can spend hours and hours in there .

Scooby- I'm so glad that Titan is feeling better and gets to be part of the family again. Your dogs are so cute. My DD is loving her new pup, Belle.

Did you choose Titan for the Tennessee Titans?

TY TY. Yes, Simba was just too close to Saturn and when we would get on to her he thought we were talking to him and we couldn't think of another name but when we saw the Titans win the other nite I had a :idea aha moment and told DS we should name him TITAN :lol

barnes and noble is a book store????

WOW scooby you do all kinds of things.......... I just like to crochet. LOL

Yep a bookstore. Yes I have my hands into toooooooo many craft projects, but I do enjoy :crochetingthe most.

Wow- you are one crafty mama! Me, not so much--just crochet- but who knows what the future will hold? I used to make latch hook rugs- that is very mindless- but gets boring after awhile since it is so monotonous

I think DH is going to call the doctor tomorrow. I have fingers crossed I don't get it- I think my daily vitamins have helped build up my immunity

:yay I have been working on my bestie squares and about 3/4 of the way done, a scrap RR, I made a couple of scarves for charity, and a hat or two.

:lol:lol:lol I love crafts and have tried my hand at just about all of them except sewing, which I just can't get but maybe one day.

I am working on the 4th strip- but haven't worked on it in 2 days- spending the time with my DD's and tonight we are jsut haning out watching tv. Tomorrow DD and I are going to the NJ Devils hockey game and from there she is taking the train into NY and then the bus back home to Boston. So I will probably start working on it again tomorrow night and Sunday. Still have to clean up from Thanksgiving (you know, vacuum, wash the floors, clean the sheets.

It was so much fun spending time with all of them. It will be quiet here again tomorrow night.

I want to make a flannelghan but still not getting how you all are dropping a color and then picking it back up later to decrease on the amt of ends you have to weave in. I know when I get the rest of the boxes unloaded in the craft room I have several UFOs but just can't remember what they are right now. :lol If I ever get the craft room finished and can really play in there I will try to make some of the other stuff that I make and show you all pics.

It was nice having two of them spending the night Wed and Thursday and having my married DD here on Thanksgiving and then she and SIL here for breakfast. The time just flew by and I don't think we'll all be together again until next year- probably do something all together in March for middle DD's birthday.

I won't see oldest DD for Christmas- she isn't coming down and I will be very busy at work through the New Year. Tentatively planning for a 4 day weekend in Boston in mid January- barring any major snowstorms

Iam hoping to be able to start putting mine together after the new year.

I am hoping to have my bestie squares mailed out this week. Hopefully by Wednesday.

I just love the ones that I have received already. They are great.

I want to make a flannelghan but still not getting how you all are dropping a color and then picking it back up later to decrease on the amt of ends you have to weave in.

Scooby- I still have ends- I can't figure out what Stacy meant when she said that you drop a color and pic it back up later- so I guess I'm not doing it the way she was saying. But I love how thick it is doing it with 2 strands together- I thought that would be difficult, but its easy. And I am so glad that DH likes it and it's not even finished yet.

I like pics Scooby LOL and the afghan ,once you start it you will see what they mean. Instead of having 2 joins in one spot you would only have 1 join.

I wish I could see a picture of that- alot of times I learn best with a visual example- that is how I taught myself to crochet- by watching you-tube!

I like pics Scooby LOL and the afghan ,once you start it you will see what they mean. Instead of having 2 joins in one spot you would only have 1 join.

:lol I like pics too. As soon as the craft room is in order I will take pics of that too to show you all. Even though the carpet won't be down yet and the walls will still be the ugly color they are but then when it is painted and carpeted I will take pics again.

Archived