Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good Mary. I'm sure you'll find something for your MIL (gift card?) and some cute Tshirts out west. Something cowboy-ish maybe for your grandson :think

I'd better sign off for the night. Joanne's remark about her DH feeling left out is making me feel guilty :lol Better go talk to the man.

Good night!

Hey girls! You have been chatting up a storm today! I have been staring at ads on Craigslist until my eyeballs ache. But we have some good leads and tomorrow and Wednesday we are going to look at some. We also have a lead on another one closer to where we live right now- we had looked at one that was farther away and a bit more expensive than we had wanted, and the guy said he had one closer and less expensive. I think we'll be fine. I gave our notice today and the manager seemed kinda ticked. :think That is one wierd woman. Oh- I also cleaned out and organized the cupboards in both bathrooms, as well as the bottom half of my closet. It doesn't sound like much but I hauled out 2 bags of trash, so I'm pretty happy with that.

And, no, those earthquakes weren't close to us- they were something like 300 miles away from the border. Still scary, though- they were pretty large. Our rental insurance was cancelled last month because I lost the card that was used for the automatic payment, and now that we are moving it doesn't make much sense to take out a new policy for 28 days. But then I'm thinking, what if? :shrug I am such a worrier.

Anyway, sorry this is all about me! I am going to read through all of the posts and catch up- I just saw the one with Shannon asking about me, so I wanted to post and let you all know I am ok. :hug

:hi... I am back...

I went to get DD at 9:30, but they were watching a movie, so I just got back... grrrr... then everyone needed bedtime snacks.

Stacy - so glad you are safe, and that you got so much done today! Don't worry, once you find a place, you'll be super motivated to get it all done:clap. I think your manager was all cranky because she doesn't want you guys to say that the reason you are moving is because she didn't treat you well...:blush

Mary... How old is your MIL?

Are you close with her?

I am great friends with my MIL, but she doesn't seem to appreciate gifts that don't have a price tag:blush... :thinkI wonder if I could get Macy's to put a price tag on an afghan?! :lol

My MIL is 72... see? I think I can help you with this! I'll do the same thing for mine:lol

We'll go to Macy's and get a toss pillow, and then we can :crocheting the filet initial that Colleen was talking about and sew it on!!!! It's Perfect:devil:lol

I like the Idea of the filet letter on a pillow............. hmmmmmmmmmm might have something there. a pillow for her bed hmmmmmmm

my kitchen is a rose color right now but it is getting changed to a green. I think Iam going to paint in sept.

Hello ladies!! LeaAnne, you've got pillows on the brain lately!! That is a great idea for your MILs!! I can't stay. We've been watching "Janna movies" (her words) all night and strolling down memory lane. Have a great night all! Love you girls!!

You two are cracking me up! My MIL is very hard to buy for, also, just because she has everything she wants. One year she just went on and on about that Martha's poncho, so I made her one- she has never worn it. :( That was the last time I've ever made her anything.

Mary, I did finish the afghan, but the ends need to be woven. I was actually looking at it today, thinking I need to just take a pic for you all since the ends won't be done for another 6 months :lol (I hate ends.)

Joanne, your potholders are soooo cute! You definitely deserve it! :cheer Good luck with your Delta Force project.

Shannon, I'm glad to hear the a/c was fixed and that you got the Orkin thing straightened out. Let's hope those fleas are gone for good!

Leanne, your story about ds and dh's uncle is so sweet. :manyheart I love the name Pete. :rofl at your dh yelling in the maternity ward!

Ok, ladies, I am off. I am so tired- dh and I stayed up until 1 and then he had to be up for work at 5. So I think it will be a very early bedtime for us tonight. I did find another square that I like much better and tried one out today. It is an 8-1/2 inch so I will have to figure out some kind of border, but the middle is really pretty. :manyheart

Shannon... LOL! I know, right? I must be meant to make some, I guess:lol

Enjoy the "Janna movies" and we'll see you tomorrow:hug Hey, you said you were making the tree skirt first, right?

Mary - Thank you! I didn't have you down... now I got it, though:wink

and I've taken a lesson... I am not telling!

Have you done filet before? It's easy, I think.

Archived