One-Stitch Adult Cardigan

Has anyone attempted the Lion Brand One-Stitch Adult Cardigan (the crocheted version)? :crocheting

I'm thinking of doing it, and wanted to know how others fared. I know (from ugly experience) that Lion Brand tends to have errors in their patterns, so I thought I'd check with you all before I attempted it.

I suppose I could try it and just "wing it" as I go along, as I always seem to need to with all their patterns.

I did the knitted version last year and the gauge could NOT be achieved with Wool-Ease. I ended up having to heavily modify the pattern, basically casting on stitches like I was going to make a larger size but using the same amount of rows for the size I REALLY wanted. I notice that their "Oh-So-Simple" cardigan in Vanna's Choice is a carbon copy. Yarn that thickness makes sense for the pattern.

I have an ugly feeling that I'm going to need to do something similar for the crocheted version. I'm going to use Moda Dea Washable Wool, which is a bit thicker than Wool-Ease, so perhaps not.

I've made it. I did it in 1 piece (eliminated the shoulder seam). I looked at my pattern, I didn't make any 'corrections' on it, I had no trouble. I did end up following a smaller size than I usually am, soI may have had trouble with gauge and just fixed it that way.

Although I do wear it around the house, 2 things:

If I made it again I'd use a softer, drapier yarn (maybe simply soft?). I used red heart super saver and it is stiff as a board. Because it has bat-wing type sleeves, there is a lot of stiff fabric piled up under my arms. It sounds like I'm having the opposite thoughts re: yarn weight as you had on the knitted version??

Also, because it is sc, the edges curled like mad. I added a border of dc all around. This also helped the neckline which was rather lower than I wanted it.

Archived