How to Crochenit

Hello. I hope everyone's new year is going okay so far.

I just got the new catalog from Annie's Attic. There's a pattern book in it with a sweater that I want. Except it's this crochenit and I don't know how to do that. I don't want to buy the book unless it's got the instructions in it. Does anyone know how I can find that out? And please don't say ask Annie's Attic because I did and I'm not sure if she even answered my question.

I just read on here someone read in lionbrand that knitting or crocheting burns 500 calories. Does that mean that this crochenitting (sp?) burns 1000 calories?

I was learning about this a few years ago. If you know how to cro-hook, it's basically the same with one difference. To crochetnit you use just one size hook which is a size M hook if I remember right. Waite, let me see if I can find the site for this: http://www.crochenit.net/free.html

This technique was developed by a lady. Her name is Mary Middleton and you can read her story on the website. You can also get free patterns, order patterns and her special hook. There are also tuts you can look at to get started. Hope this is helpful to you.

Hello. I hope everyone's new year is going okay so far.

I just got the new catalog from Annie's Attic. There's a pattern book in it with a sweater that I want. Except it's this crochenit and I don't know how to do that. I don't want to buy the book unless it's got the instructions in it. Does anyone know how I can find that out? And please don't say ask Annie's Attic because I did and I'm not sure if she even answered my question.

I just read on here someone read in lionbrand that knitting or crocheting burns 500 calories. Does that mean that this crochenitting (sp?) burns 1000 calories?

The ripple jacket in Crochenit Fashions? I found this jacket recently, too. I was so intrigued by the look of the fabric that I went ahead and downloaded it via E-Patterns Central. I was surprised to find that the back of the booklet only has instructions for regular crochet. I guess this is because most of the patterns called for edging with a regular hook. The special stitches for each pattern are spelled out in each pattern, but no instructions on how to do the back and forth with the two balls of yarn, although there are several videos on youtube and crochenit.net that demonstrate it. I've ordered the yellow hook from Annie's Attic, and if no instructions are included, I'll have to download the other crochenit book, It's Time to Crochenit, unless I can find a better option on an auction site. Hopefully all this will be worth it, because I love the look of the fabric of the jacket, it seems like it is something not obtainable with either just crochet or knitting using worsted weight yarn.

Hope this helps.

Was just looking around on crochetville about this, and found a link to stitchguide.com. This is actually on Annie's Attic's site, and has free instructions on how to set up the crochenit hook and several stitches. This might be enough to learn in order to make the jacket. I'm going to play around with it. It is accessable via a blue box on the upper right of Annie's Attic that says "See our online stitch guide".

Archived