Talked a newbie into tryin crochet :)

My girls had their dental today... and after my mom had to go to walmart to get some stuff.. n I got the urge to go in the craft section so i can look for a cro hook. and a lady was looking at the suplies.... I commented how they had such a poor selection. but i do not feel like going all the way to Joanns.. n she agree. saying I saw i can get the same stuff with more selection.. same price online.. but I do not know if i wnt to try Knitting or Crochet:eek i thought..

OHHHH try Crochet! I crochet and find it so much easier then Knitting.. she then asked if the hooks she had already put in her cart were ok.. and asked wich book to get.. I told her if she gave me her email i can save her money n send her how to crochet pages online instead.... she then told me where she lived and it happens tobe up the street.. so I emaild her the pages n suggesetd we could meet at a local resturant for coffe n crochet. and she loved the idea... told her i could show her how to do some stiches.. nd she can barrow some of my patterns when she gets ready to go into them.... she too saw patterns n was like :think.. told her once you fig out the abreviations it gets easy....we were commenting how it be nice if we could find a crochet group... told her we should start one :)..

mabey we can find someone who also knits so we can learn that too :). once i see she can do the basics.. i'll see if she wants to learn Tunisan as it is very simple to do...:hook

Thats terrific. I was in AC Moore about a month ago checking out some cotton yarn. A older woman came up to me and asked about making a scarf. She had some red heart in her cart and I was like, "Oh, no..thats going to be way to rough on your skin." I pointed her in the right direction, got her a pattern, explained it to her, set her up with hooks and she says "You should work here." I explained that I wouldnt have a paycheck left if I worked there.

Archived