Boye Electric Yarn Winder

Well I got a new electric yarn winder I love it but the problem I'm having with it is that the motor is lagging and doesn't want to roll my yarn when which is worsted weight yarn my question did anybody get a Boye Electric Yarn Winder and if you did are you having any problems with it? Or is it just my imagination? :eek

Sorry I don't have a winder there have been times I wish I had. Did you get a yarn swift too?

I've got some time sooo, maybe this will help till somebody on the Ville with experience comes along. smile

I checked for Amazon reviews there aren't any.

Descriptions reads:

"Product Description

BOYE-Electric Yarn Ball Winder. This machine is convenient and quick: eliminate tedious hand winding and easily wind hanks of yarn into center-pull skeins. This machine winds all sizes and weights of yarn. The Yarn Ball Winder features a suction cup to securely attach it to work surfaces; adjustable speed; labor-saving motor that means less stress on your arms hands and wrists..."

Melodee loves hers...comments about keeping balls small.

http://amichica.blogspot.com/

Maybe, you need to adjust the speed?

I believe before Christmas, "Moomooo" had her husband go online to get one for her. She posted a thread in "Off Topics".

I think it may be the same one that you have. You can try to pm her and see if it is the same one and if she, too, is having any problems.

Hi Ladies:

I havent had a chance to play with my winder yet...

Still have family over and they leave Thursday back to the city and then i got to cook dinner new yeqrs eve so wont get to my winder to next week some time...

will let you know if i experience any dificulties...

hugs

I bought one, used it once and sent it back. You can't adjust the tension at all and you can't roll very big balls on it. I'm sticking with my manual for now.

thanks for the response I think I will take mine back and get the manual one I didn't want to because of my bad wrist but the thing is making a weird noise and yes I really wanted a yarn winder but honestly this thing doesn't work so I'll take it back to Joann's and get a manual though tell me what the best manual one is so that way I know what to look for thanks for your help.

There are a few different posts about the different ball winders available out there. I'd suggest just doing a search in the forums for "ball winder". Good luck with which ever you get!

Archived