scrap afghan

I did 2 scrapgans for my twins for christmas, I used white through out with little bits of what I had left over from other projects. I just used a Double Crochet for the entire thing and a N hook. Here is a link to the pictures. Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109041

I did 2 scrapgans for my twins for christmas, I used white through out with little bits of what I had left over from other projects. I just used a Double Crochet for the entire thing and a N hook. Here is a link to the pictures. Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109041

there are several patterns out there for both yo-yo's and granny daughters (if you do a search on here, several people have done requested both to use to do charity ghans).

there is also the 3SUB idea (is a thread in the cal section, though hasn't been bumped in a while) where you hold 3 strands together of scraps and crochet. when you get to the end of 1 scrap, just add a new strand into the grouping. continue until it's size you want.

i've also seen where folks will take the small small scraps and tie them together as you collect them and wrap into a ball. when you get enough, you hold 2 strands together and crochet. the colors end up all intwined. I think that 1 is called a mystery ghan due to it being a mystery of how the colors will end up.

EDIT: the ends tied together is a magic ball,not mystery ball (it's what i get for being up so late :) )

Sandy

there are several patterns out there for both yo-yo's and granny daughters (if you do a search on here, several people have done requested both to use to do charity ghans).

there is also the 3SUB idea (is a thread in the cal section, though hasn't been bumped in a while) where you hold 3 strands together of scraps and crochet. when you get to the end of 1 scrap, just add a new strand into the grouping. continue until it's size you want.

i've also seen where folks will take the small small scraps and tie them together as you collect them and wrap into a ball. when you get enough, you hold 2 strands together and crochet. the colors end up all intwined. I think that 1 is called a mystery ghan due to it being a mystery of how the colors will end up.

Sandy

:scrachin

It might not be any of my business, but what is a "Pent shawl"?

:scrachin

It might not be any of my business, but what is a "Pent shawl"?

:blush I am assuming it is a pentagram shawl.(since after it was mentioned a priestess) I saw a beautiful pattern somewhere of one done in purple it was magnificent.

:blush I am assuming it is a pentagram shawl.(since after it was mentioned a priestess) I saw a beautiful pattern somewhere of one done in purple it was magnificent.

:embar

Thanks tonyal

I guess that I should have figured that out for myself. Sometimes my train of thought just jumps the track.

Here's a mat I made for my chis to cuddle up on. Someone had made a post about doing this and I believe that called the scrap balls are called "magic balls." I also made a lapghan out of scraps too. By using a strand of black throughout the entire project, it seems to keep the lapghan (or whatever) from looking junky (is that a word??).:crocheting

Here's a mat I made for my chis to cuddle up on. Someone had made a post about doing this and I believe that called the scrap balls are called "magic balls." I also made a lapghan out of scraps too. By using a strand of black throughout the entire project, it seems to keep the lapghan (or whatever) from looking junky (is that a word??).:crocheting

:tup

Thanks for taking the time to respond - junky works as a word for me:heehee

Archived