Hometown Kids Scarf

RecycleCindy

I just bought my first skein of Hometown USA super bulky yarn today at Walmart. I wanted to make a quick one skein scarf for a little girl I have for the sharing tree in my community. I used a "N" hook and it worked up a nice 50" long by almost 3" wide scarf. The color is Honolulu pink. :hook

post-10977-135897479632_thumb.jpg

Your scarf came out really nice!! I've had a skein of that yarn in Cincinnati Red for some time now. I had thought of making a scarf and hat set, but I've never crocheted with super bulky yarn before, that it was scaring me!!:lol :lol

If I may ask, what stitch did you use?? And did you use just one skein for your scarf???

Your scarf came out really nice!! I've had a skein of that yarn in Cincinnati Red for some time now. I had thought of making a scarf and hat set, but I've never crocheted with super bulky yarn before, that it was scaring me!!:lol :lol

If I may ask, what stitch did you use?? And did you use just one skein for your scarf???

I chained about 50 inches long. Then DC around both sides of the chain, working one Ch 1 on end so it would lay flat. I found then that I didn't have enough yarn to go completely around again so I did SL Sts around the complete thing again. I had just a small amount of yarn leftover from the one skein but it's fine for a small child's scarf, I think...

Archived