Bleaching Crochet Doilies

Majority of all my doilies, runners, etc. are PURE WHITE. I have found several runners that are the SIZES that I want, but they are all either beige, cream or ecru colors.

My question is: can the beige/ecru runners be bleached out to WHITE? I guess you would it bleach it like you ordinally would a sheet, blouse, etc.

Bleaching a ecru doily is not going to make it White, it is only going to make it a clean ecru doily. If you want a white doily you need to either make or purchase a white doily.

I never bleach my doilies, as bleach is too hard on the fibers and I don't want the hours of work I have done on a doily to be damaged. I will use biz or another non chlorine bleach if I have a stuborn stain on textiles but never bleach anymore.

Best of luck on finding white doilies in the sizes you want.

I use Oxy Clean or the generic brands of the product like "SUN Oxigen Cleaner". I put the doily in a bowl, add 1 scoop or more of the cleaner and add hot water. My doilies come out bright and clean with no spots!!:yes Sometimes I have to let them soak for a week..

I use Oxy Clean or the generic brands of the product like "SUN Oxigen Cleaner". I put the doily in a bowl, add 1 scoop or more of the cleaner and add hot water. My doilies come out bright and clean with no spots!!:yes Sometimes I have to let them soak for a week..

Thanks for the advise! I have some Biz & some Borax; I'll try one of those. I dont want to ruin Grandma's doily.

Archived