Ergonomic Hooks...

Favorite Type of Ergonomic Hooks  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Type of Ergonomic Hooks

• Addi Comfort Grip Hooks
    • Clover Soft-Touch Hooks
    • Eleggant Ergonomic Hooks
    • Clover Reflections Hooks

I wonder if those that like the bamboo handle usually are people that knife grip to crochet? I found the bamboo handled hooks very uncomfortable to use (I have about 4 or 5...I'm not always quick learner :lol ) and they sit in a cup on my table unused.

I love using the clover soft touch. It's not that they are "soft" but fit my hand and my style of crocheting I guess.

Trying to order the larger hooks, k, l and n to try those too. Need that K hook for the SBT :rofl

The K, L, N hooks that are made by clover that are larger are actually part of the reflections series above. The hooks are made the same as the soft touch hooks except plastic, albeit good plastic. I've bought the smaller sizes and have tried them to. Not much difference that I can tell from the plastic/metal soft touch hooks.

My suggestion would be to use coupons and sales to try out the more expensive brands that you are interested in. I won an Addi hook and passed it on to someone else who wanted to try it when I realized it was a bad match for my hand. I got to try the Clover Soft Touch during a swap and found them to be too short and they dig into my hand.

As others have stated I love the Bates Bamboo and I also have enjoyed the Clover wooden hooks (don't know if they are bamboo or not) for the larger sizes. I haven't experimented with the solid wood for smaller projects. I need a longer hook with the hold I have or it digs into my hand.

I would love to find a round cushioned hook to try that isn't short.

Archived