Red Heart Soft Yarn

Has anyone ever used Red Heart Soft Yarn? How soft is it? Most of the Red Heart I've used have been hard, rough, and scratchy. I usually buy Lion Brand Vanna but I notice that the Red Heart Soft Yarn offer more yardage. I am planning to make a scarf for a man but didn't want to use wool because I don't know if he is allergic.

Thanks in advance for listening and offering your advice. :D

Red Heart Soft Yarn is different than Red Heart Super Saver and is much, much softer. I liked working with it. It does split a little more than some, but I would still recommend it. I would say it is very comparable to Vanna's, although IMO Vanna's doesn't split quite as much as RH Soft.

I made an afghan for myself (for once) out of it and was disappointed. It turned fuzzy and pilly after just a couple washes. It's a nice soft blanket but not the most attractive.

:manyheart

Would yrecommend this yarn for a baby blanket? I usually use Lion Brand Jiffy but it's gotten so hard to find in the stores. It looks like I'd have to buy it online.

Thanks!

I actually was going to make a blanket using Jiffy and I found it in AC Moore. Not as many colors but if I decided to do it I'll have to choose from the colors they have. I should check out Michael's as I like them better most of the time.

I would say it's as soft as Caron's Simply Soft but thicker. I made myself a pullover last year with Paprika and Embers colorway. It has a nice sheen, too. Has washed and dried with minimal fuzzing but I did TLC it, not just toss it in with darks. grin

I've used Vanna's yarns, too. Hats and slippers. Things I don't want the sheen/shine to be in.

I'm about to try out I Love This Yarn from all the raves I've read about it here. smile Should arrive next week.

Archived