Stitches Midwest

My daughter and I went over for day three today. There was virtually nothing crochet specific but oh the beautiful yarns! I was good and bought only a shawl pin, which someone was selling for only $15. I have wanted one for years but could never justify the cost, so I was quite thrilled. It is worth attending these events if you get a chance and someday when I win the lottery I will go nuts and increase my stash to a ridiculous level!

Sounds like fun!

I am thinking about going to NYS Sheep and Wool festival in Rhinebeck New York. It's coming up in October. It's a 3 hour drive for me, but this year, I think I'm going.

Glad to hear that other "festivals" are worth the time!

I never knew it existed! I'm not that far from you...can you tell me more details about it?:think

It is once a year, they have different ones in different parts of the country. It is focussed more on knitting (and may be sponsored largely by some knitting magazine; I'm not sure). They have been holding the midwest event around Chicago for several years but last year started holding it in my town's convention center. It lasts for three days and they have a lot of classes available but I usually just go for the shopping.

Well I'm nowhere near the midwest, but can you tell me how to find out about these things? I'd DIE to go!! :manyheart

I'm not even sure how to find them. Since some of them are in my area, I usually just see ads or articles in the newspaper. If you have any yarn shops in your area they would probably know about upcoming events.

Archived