How do you submit....

A pattern, I can't find a board for it.

I today sat here lookin for flower patterns.. None of what i saw i liked. or could make.. So i fooled with it for a few hours and ended up making up 3 or 4 diffy ones on my own. I recorded them as i went long. excpt 2. but i can always look at it and tell how i did it. if not dysect it and then figure it out.

HOw do i find a place that takes them

Do they pay you?

Just currious. hubby thinks i should try to submit one or 2 of the flowers.

I just been naming them after my girls. for now. I know they must look good.. if my half aslep 4 yr old can tell what they are.

I showed them to her n asked her what they were n she said "pretty fwowers."

If you want to submit to a magazine, go to the magazine's website and look for the designer guidelines. There should also be a link where you can request the magazine's editorial guidelines, which will give you information about the types of things scheduled for each upcoming issue as well as submission deadlines.

Each magazine may want submissions formatted slightly differently. It's very important that you proofread your submission to make sure it's grammatically correct, that there are no typos, and that the information is organized and presented in the way the magazine requests.

You don't necessarily have to submit the pattern with your submission. You could send photos of your finished flowers taken in good lighting. Photos need to be very sharp and clear as well.

That should get you off to a good start!

Thanks Amy. I wanted to be sure it was not a fluke that my 4 yr old could tell what i made lol.. so i showed my 11 yr old and asked him what they look like.. and of course being a boy and preteen. Ummm "flowers" in a Umm duh tone. I'm going to fool with more today. and see if i can come up with more.

I want to make a flower blanket but the one i have that i found I so did not like. I tryed to do it and it just dose not look rite.

Hubby thinks I have it in me to design my own stuff beacuse i never used a pattern before.. well untile i started to make hats. and now socks/slippers. so he said whenever i make up a blanket i should start writing down how i did it. He said if you get paid to submit them then why not try it. (tell u the truth id not care if i got paid or not).

but as of now my "rejects" that look good but not big nuff. or i messd up I'm going to turn into a head band form my girls.. I have pics. if you want to see them amy let me know > i don't want to post them just yet till I get the bugs worked out in the patterns and can get someone to test it.

I'l be glad when my 30 dys is up so i can access the tester pge so someone can try and see if they understand my pattern. lol and see how they come out. One is pretty weird. how i did it lol. so i tryed to write it down best i could

well, don't forget the etsy site also. you design your own pattern, post on etsy and people buy from you. I'd recommend putting them in pdf for convenience, but that's because i like pdf's. :) though, that way might would be more challenging (some others may can answer/discuss issues w/ selling there, i've only bought so far) since you do have to check in fairly often in order to fill the orders.

well, don't forget the etsy site also. you design your own pattern, post on etsy and people buy from you. I'd recommend putting them in pdf for convenience, but that's because i like pdf's. :) though, that way might would be more challenging (some others may can answer/discuss issues w/ selling there, i've only bought so far) since you do have to check in fairly often in order to fill the orders.

Actually, etsy has its own support forums where people interested in selling there can ask questions of experienced members. Those forums are probably a better place for discussion of issues about selling on etsy. :)

also... http://www.knittingpatternaday.com/index.htm This is the address for the Crochet Pattern a Day (now also called the Crochet Calendar...not really a pattern EVERY day) The submission guidelines are right there on the website. You can click on the link and follow from there. Very easy. No $$ from them, but you *do* get a free calendar out of the deal. They are currently selecting patterns for the 2011 calendar. (and you also keep the rights to your pattern, so--for example--you could still sell it on etsy)

just my :2c

HTH

Actually, etsy has its own support forums where people interested in selling there can ask questions of experienced members. Those forums are probably a better place for discussion of issues about selling on etsy. :)

Thanks, Amy. goes to show how often im on etsy, lol. I'll have to go to look around and find it just to see stuff myself :)

Sandy

Archived