Michael Jackson inspired crochet items??? Anyone have any ideas what to use???

I want to crochet something Michael Jackson inspired, I want to atleast do the armband and the glove. What's a good yarn for that? I want to find something white/silver and sparkly ! I have been looking for patterns for that since I don't know how to make gloves with fingers yet :lol I was also thinking I could make a hat ? I dunno yet though :lol

I want to crochet something Michael Jackson inspired, I want to atleast do the armband and the glove. What's a good yarn for that? I want to find something white/silver and sparkly ! I have been looking for patterns for that since I don't know how to make gloves with fingers yet :lol I was also thinking I could make a hat ? I dunno yet though :lol

Maybe you could find some Patons Brilliant online somewhere? Or Lion Brand's Glitterspun. That would be perfect for the glove.

I actually bought that yesterday, I'm also thinking of adding some sequins to it, not sure how though.

I think you do it just like you add beads- Slide all the beads you'll need on at first (extra, just in case!) then when you come to a stitch where you want the bead (or sequin), just slide the bead up to your hook before the last yarn over. Beads will show on the BACK side of your FO, so keep that in mind as you're working.

OR if the hole in the sequins is too small to fit through the yarn, just use a sewing thread that would match the yarn you're using. Thread all the sequins onto the sewing thread and hold it with the yarn while you're working. Then you'd pull sequins right up to your hook before the last yarn over just like with the other way.

Hope I could help! :hook

Archived