In need of ideas....

kookaloo_starr,

How about some notecards with Mr. & Mrs. Lastname in a fancy script. Here in the states at least, you can get 50 blank cards with raised edges for about $8 at an office supply store (a discount store may have them cheaper) that have the purpose of going through a printer. At the Center Bottom Type their name OR Put a fancy monagram in the center, then print them in black ink from your home printer. Tie with a pretty ribbon.

Everyone needs notecards, and since they JUST got married, it seems like something that they might enjoy.

HOpe this helps!

P.S. I usually look in the clearence section first...and try to keep some on hand, and you don't necessarilly need to print the whole box!

We had absolutely no money when some friends of ours got married 11 years ago, so we gave them a loaf of homemade bread. I felt so bad for not giving them a "real" gift. Well, they loved it! They left on their honeymoon right after the reception. It was go,go,go! They got to the motel and were too bone tired to go out to eat, so they ate the bread we gave them. I was so glad they enjoyed it.

A small gift I have done, and seen appreciated is a basket of crackers, cheese, or other simple picnic type items to eat & drink that the bride and groom can take to thier room that night after the party. I know that I did not get time to eat properly at my wedding, and after the champagne it would have been nice to have something real to eat that night.

A girlfriend of mine never got a shower, so I grabbed a few of the ladies before the wedding and we had a makeshift one in the brides room. I had brought little snack cakes and punch drink boxes. She said that her & hubby ended up eating the leftovers after the party. I wish now I had done something more substantial.

This is such a nice idea. I remember not getting a chance to really eat at my reception. Luckily, the chef made up a to go box for us. It would be a nice gift to put together a basket with a bottle of wine with a couple glasses, maybe some snack bread, fresh fruit, some chocolates too. You could put the wine in a crocheted bag, maybe make some coasters as a gift.

I think the idea of pretty stationary/thank you cards is great. I made my own for my wedding (I made the announcements too) but it would be nice to have a set with their new name on it. Surely you could ask someone what it's going to be.

Definitely something to signify the date. The Christmas ornament idea would work well here. Make/buy an ornament and have their wedding date put on it.

Archived